• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

User zoom feature

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am brand new to Adobe Xd and I am looking to make an interactive mapping website for my master's thesis. I want it operate similar to Google Maps, in that the user would be presented with a wide view which they can zoom into to see finer details. Ideally I would like the zoom to be bound to the mouse scroll wheel, but I understand that may not be possible. Is there a way I can create a zoom slider? 

I know that the user can zoom by default through the browser, but this isn't always intuitive to do and it doesn't properly scale the images displayed on the page itself. I have made a very quick mock up using buttons to zoom, but the issue is that when it moves to the next page, it doesn't know where the user had panned to previously. I have added the protoyping link below along with images of the webpage itself. 

Thank you

https://xd.adobe.com/view/aaf8f6cf-250d-49e5-adce-e95dc3ee3349-ffab/

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Wozima,

Thanks for using Xd. To zoom in to maps you can have your map from the fancy maps plugin(or from anywhere as per your choice), make it a scroll group(vertical and horizontal scroll group) and make duplicates of the artboart. In the duplicate artboards you can have the map zoomed it and then link those artboards to the original one. For the time being I think it is only how you can achieve the zoomed in states in the maps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jagriti Kashyap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines