Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

We need more info about future of XD

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As an XD user i am so disappointed about the maintenance mode decision. Our workflow is fully dependent to XD and now there no alternative as good as XD because of the libraries support and "edit in photoshop" option. We need clear information about the app's future. And i would love to hear some answers for the following questions: 
1- Is XD going to stay in the Apps for the CC All apps users?

2- Will we be able to share prototype links and development view links?

3- Will we be able to save as cloud documents? 

4-Will we be able to add items to the libraries from XD? 

So many users from all around the world invested their time and money to this app and now it is in maintenance mode. We deserve clear answers.

Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly, I would not hold my breath on getting any answers from Adobe. You are going to have to migrate your workflow. The only reason it is in maintainance mode is to keep user from filing a lawsuit (my guess).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that was not the case with dreamveawer. it stayed in the apps for a long time now they decided to revive it. i dont expect them to revive xd but it should stay in the apps i think. cause libraries and integration with photoshop and illustrator is the key part here. non of the alternatives have that advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Revive Dreamweaver? Where did you get that information?

As far as I am aware, Dreamweaver is as dead as Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver still has a dev team assigned to it to the best of my knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, right. "Minimum development status". Meaning no new features are planned, only minimal updates to keep it running on newer OSs and the odd bug fix.

Which is to say: Dreamweaver is gone, as is XD.

I recall a time when I used DW for all my web dev and it was king of the hill. How the mighty have fallen 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD users are in a bind - and I hope Adobe does the right thing and makes minor adjustments to XD to brings it back to life! All it needs is collaboration like/or similar to Figma.  XD doesnt need to be Figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

XD is better and easier to learn than Figma. XD needs to integrate with Jira.

OK, full disclosure Ive been working on a large healthcare app (not consumer driven) and I couldnt just switch to Figma. Way too many prototypes, and custom components designed to compliment MUI/React.  I emphasize "complement" here because trying to only use MUI out of the box is not advisable.

For the creative tools I use - whether brand strategy, digital marketing or enterprise UX - it helps to have them from one source....Adobe.

I remember losing Freehand and Homesite - unfortunately both tools ended their lives with Adobe. For graphics, I was very relectant with Illustrator - felt foreign at first but I made adjustment and learned to view the videos. It was never as intuitive as Freehand. For HTML editing, I never liked Dreamweaver - thats more of a HTML "authoring" not editing tool. For some CSS editing, I picked up Coda - which is now Nova.

For UX prototyping - Ive done alot in UXPin. That was goto before XD.  Now, I find XD faster. It needs better spec outputs for devs - but it sure helps sell leadership with pseudo functional and interactive prototypes. Cant tell you how many times POs/devs and business thought my XD prototypes - was me clicking on a dev or QA server.

Anyway - Ive said my peace.   I will be diving into Figma now.

Peace XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines