Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when try to add gradient to color assets in adobe XD it close immediately

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you're having trouble in using XDI'd request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. The version of Mac or Win  which you are using.
  3. If it is happening with a specific file or multiple files, will it be possible for you to share the file with us?
  4. Is it possible to share a video of your workflow which you are working on so it will be useful to reproduce the issue from our end. Tried to reproduce your issue from our end on latest XD version-41.1.12.9 on Mac machine by, but I am able to add gradients to color assets without any Issue, so please share the above mentioned  details.

We're here to help, just need more information.

Thanks,

Chethan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chetha 

how are you i hope you doing well

i have attached the information you asked for

this happenning with all files also happened with old projects which i have already added gradient to asstes when i try to open assets XD closes immediately too 

also when try to open a file i created with older version the XD Background Task Host gets high and the app closes too 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am very well, thanks, and hope you're also doing well. Sorry for delay in response and with reference to your screenshot shared with us,I tried to reproduce on my Windows RS5 machine on both XD 41.1.12.9 and 42.0.22.11 builds but I am able to add gradients to color assets without any Issue and also I'm able to open old xd files with gradient color assets without any Issue . so  as I requested earlier can u share a video of your workflow so It will be useful for us to reproduce from our end.

Meanwhile can you try to troubleshoot with below steps and let us know if this helps.

Troubleshoot steps:

• Quit and restart XD. 
  • Uninstall XD and reinstall it.
  • Sign out of XD and Creative Cloud app, restart the machine and then sign back in.
  • updating GPU driver.

We're sorry for the inconvenience. please feel free to update this discussion in case you need further assistance and we will be happy to help.

Regards

Chethan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have the same issue on my laptop Dell Vostro 5370 with Windows 10 Pro.

Adobe XD closes (crashes?) when I add gradient to color assets or unfold assets with gradient in assets on files created on another PC.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

I have 2 GPU.

Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620 and Radeon (TM) 530. I tried to switch graphics in settings, it didnt help.
I updated driver for Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. Driver version 30.0.100.9805, 7/23/2021. No result.

I tried different versions of XD (40, 41), version 42 crashes on XD start.

Quit and restart XD. Done, no results.

Uninstall XD and reinstall it. Done, no results.

Sign out of XD and Creative Cloud app, restart the machine and then sign back in. No results.

quotecan u share a video of your workflow so It will be useful for us to reproduce from our end

I don't understan how it can help you? I open new file, change color of main block to gradient type and add it to assets. XD unexpectedly closes. I definitely can record such video, if you think it will be usefull.

I attached log file, but I think it's nothing interesting in it.

Maybe there is some debug flag or start up parameter to collect verbose logs in Adobe XD?

If you interested, I can give you remote access to my laptop (anydesk).

If you need some additional data please feel free to ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i fix my problem by install a new windows 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there! What would really help us is if you can turn on a verbose dump file for Windows. https://helpx.adobe.com/ro/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html It should create a huge binary file that will help our team diagnose what's going on. Once you've done so, you can upload it to a file sharing service, as well as log files from the Adobe Log Collector Tool (in Creative Cloud Desktop, Help > Create log file), and we'll get someone to investigate this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines