When adding text the apostrophe looks normal and everything is fine but as soon as I click off the text box a superscript 9 replaces the apostrophe. I cannot use a different font here as this is the standard font for the client. Please help.
Copy link to clipboard
Hi, can you post a screenshot of the issue or a video of it happening? Does it happen on any file?
How is the font added? Have you installed it regularly, or are you using some font manager software?
Lastly - are you on Mac or Windows?
In general, Xd is pretty glitchy when it comes to text and does some weird things like changing the font while editing and back to the selected one once you click away, similar to your case, so that's not a surprise, but I didn't manage to break it on my end 🙂
I tried it and apostrophes look fine on the Ubuntu font.
Fonts usually have multiple versions and stylistic alternatives, and Xd doesn't manage these, so if only certain styles are installed and not the whole family, it might be causing issues. In the end you can just reinstall the whole Ubuntu font family from Google fonts and see if that helps.
Thank you for responding. I am using a MAC, I have a video of the issue happening in real-time. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Ubuntu font but it doesnt resolve the problem. I have the entire font family installed as well. I am using Univerasal Type Client to install the fonts. I will try downloading the fonts from google instead to see if that fixes it.
Yeah, definitely try to install the fonts without the client. Looks like some glyphs are missing or at least Xd is struggling to find them, so it's using a substitute. I also notice the apostrophe appears straight and then becomes curved almost instantly after you type it, so it's definitely some mix up going on with stylistic alternatives. I'm on Windows, but I might have seen something similar in Xd some time ago. As I mentioned, Xd's handling of text is far from the best.
Sometimes these font manager programs don't include all the glyphs to make fonts lighter, so that might be causing the issue. Don't know enough about how it all works under the hood to 'diagnose' it, maybe someone else can pitch in 🙂
I just uninstalled from UTC and installed directly from Google Fonts using the Mac's Font Book and it has fixed the issue. Hopefully this is the end of it. Thanks for your help on this.