• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will we get multiple wires for the same object?

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be huge for adobe XD to get this feature and would really help with competing against other UI Design programs. Is this something that feels feasible to put in or should I not get my hopes up?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Hey there! We are interested in multiple triggers, but can't share any details with you yet. Definitely make sure to upvote the feature in UserVoice to stay up to date.

Elaine Chao

Product Manager, Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a bit wary about the feature you have in mind...

Could you describe a little what you're looking for ?

And maybe post a feature request over here:

Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so say I have a carousal of pics made in a prototype phone app. I can only show off what it can do with a maximum of 3 pictures because you can't have an object attached to multiple boards. you can only drag the carousal in 1 direction rather than both left and right. This could be solved if you could have multiple wires for the same object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand the problem is to have possibility to sign multi actions to one object? Right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're describing could be mimicked with a prototype consisting of multiple screens.

Every screen shows the same row of elements making up the slider of carousel elements, with each screen one step further in the series. You can use a Timed animation to let it slide automatically, or use the Drag action to go from one screen to the other. And each element is linked to a different landing screen, obviously.

There's one tricky thing though, in case you want the carousel to revolve endlessly.

You need to add a copy of the first element to the end of the row and a copy of the last element to the front of the row, to make it look as if there's no end to the carousel. And add one more screen to the series to drag or animate to, which looks like it's sheeting the first screen again, and let this final screen immediately go to the first screen (a timed animation of 0 seconds).

Take care of the design to make the first and last screen visually identical !

I'm not able to create a visual example right now, but maybe you already understand what I'm trying to explain...

[Edit: lots of typos due to a terrible new version of a swipe keyboard...]

[And the flawed operation of the text editor  script of this forum on an iPad is also not helpful...]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I have already done however I want to be able to move forward and backwards in the carousel which requires the object that you drag to have multiple actions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, now we're getting there !

You indeed might need two, or even three triggers for each carousel item, to make it work for real: Drag left, Drag right, and Tap.

But that's not possible. So you have to explain and instruct any viewers or testers about this limitation of your prototype, e.g. just to drag in one direction, or according to a strictly prepared sequence, and/or by offering a separate bar for the dragging, leaving room for the elements to be tapped.

The best thing I can come up with is to construct separate parts for tapping (red/orange/yellow) and the whole group for dragging. See this example: Test Slider in Adobe XD. But it's still not ideal and can't be tested properly without some (restricting) instructions, e.g. not to drag back (in my example). Below the setup of the connections for just the second stage.

Schermafbeelding 2019-06-12 om 13.21.09.png

In the world of "Creative Cloud Files vs. Cloud Documents from XD (according to Adobe)", it's still impossible to share this XD file with everyone who clicks on a simple link. I know, silly huh ? I guess the mysterious mental system behind that needs to remain a well-kept secret to the industry. So here's the Dropbox link: Copy of Slider Test.xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For more interesting and niftyy animations (including another slider example), see this article and download the sample file at the end:

https://uxdesign.cc/adobe-xd-putting-auto-animate-to-the-test-b09f957d53ae

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those animations in the link are all cool examples, some I currently using too! You mentioned that having two to three triggers for each carousel item is not possible. Are you saying that it's not currently possible and could be implemented in the future or that it's not possible indefinitely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many more extended tools for interactions and animations support the ability to let an element respond to various events/triggers. Even InDesign offers the option to add multiple actions to various events. So it's a restriction of XD not to offer such features. On the other hand, it's a mock-up tool to build a sequence or scenario, not a tool to produce a full-blown end-user application. So let's cut it some slack...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not attacking the program, I am fairly satisfied with my experience compared to Sketch so far. I'm just asking if there are any plans to add the multiple actions feature in the future. I can't tell if i'm not communicating correctly or if my question is being dodged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either way, I appreciate the responses and will continue to use this program throughout my UI Designs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there! We are interested in multiple triggers, but can't share any details with you yet. Definitely make sure to upvote the feature in UserVoice to stay up to date.

Elaine Chao

Product Manager, Adobe XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines