• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will there be any future for XD, any updates?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since April 2022 there are no more updates available for Adobe XD. And those before were very minor. But there are many forum wishes pending.

For me it looks as if  XD is yet another candiate to be dropped by Adobe. E.g. Fireworks was a perfect program with no successor.

Adobe, please be aware that a (huge) company can´t switch tool environment every couple of years.

Give a sign of life if I´m wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe still releasing bunch of XD videos and tutorials on their YouTube so I guess they have plans for xd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the new update would introduse before MAX in October I hope:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now clear why there are no more updates for XD. Adobe wants to buy Figma. I think they will indeed drop XD. And go further with Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobes way of dealing with applications is unbelieavble. It´s not the first time they ran a tool into the wall. E.g. Fireworks was/still is one of the best UI-tools. 

Obviously Adobe is not aware that professionals are trying to work with their products. Companys can´t switch from one tool to another in such short term. I´m really annoyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, Adobe XD has disappeared from Creative Cloud.

carlosgarro_0-1684975149403.png

Is Figma coming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been disappearing randomly for sometime. There has been no news on the completion of the merger. The CEO of Adobe stated he hopes by the end year it will be completed. If you need to download it, you need to contact Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Figma def not coming now. The aquisition deal is off the table.  I wonder what that means for XD, are we going to get it back, or do they have another tool to stay in the game?  

Adobe is gonna feel the hit, as people just aren't designing UI's inside photoshop anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...not to mention XD is leaps and bounds behind the other prototyping tools at this point - especially since they've halted development.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right. I'm very curious to see what Adobe will do now, especially how quickly. Because I can well imagine that the migration to Figma has long since begun. Figma is cloud-based and is now far ahead thanks to Dev Mode. I await an official statement for existing customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines