• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will you be bringing Adobe XD out of maintenance mode now that the Figma merger has fell through?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe,

I am a big fan of Adobe XD and found it better than Figma had development continued. I was wondering if Adobe is considering continuing its development and taking it out of maintenance mode now that the Figma merger has not gone through.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All signs point to a solid "NO". 

XD is dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious, what are the signs outside of maintenance mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a recent Bloomberg.com article that quoted an unnamed Adobe spokesperson which stated no further investment into XD. Plus all the PMs either left Adobe or found new projects to join. The product is dead.

The one hope I have is a proper conversion tool into Figma. Convertify did an ok job. But I manually cleaning up the import... Have not tried Magicul yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they're coming up with something new, I hope they get it right right and not just ape Figma. Native is faster and more flexible. They should consdider implementing full CSS features so that we can design products that use common CSS attributes, such as multiple strokes, flexbox behavior, tables, input fields that actually populate variables etc... So that when we submit a design to engineering they can understand what to do. The same goes for animation, CSS style animations.

Moreover, I hope they include products that support the design such as UserTesting and EnjoyHQ type of products. So that there'll be a complete UX workflow from requirements, to design, to user testing (UserTesting), to user feedback and insights (EnjoyHQ). The real vision for a Creative Cloud platform.

The only reason we use CC is Illustrator and Photoshop, I can argue that Illustrator is not important anymore since much much of the vector graphics are happening in the UX tool.

This will really give the Creative Cloud a leg to stand on, right now I'm really only using Photoshop and Ilustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They also stated they are not interested in this product line. They are going all in on AI.

Also, designs are limited to web technlogies, so any tools needs to support other development platforms (iOS and Android).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines