• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Xd and markup

Advisor ,
Jun 17, 2017 Jun 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I check the page properties on a shared prototype I notice that Xd generates the layout as PNG files, there's very little markup, only a #div holding my layout as a PNG reference. In other words this can get rather heavy if the layout is a long webpage for instance. Is this just for the time being or are you planning to generate html and CSS markup from published prototypes? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Right now, we're focused on being a UX/UI prototyping tool, not something that exports live HTML. However, it's still a potential future for us, so we're not excluding it. We're looking at potentially copying CSS elements from the design in our developer handoff feature, so you might want to upvote that in UserVoice as well.

Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi perrybrus,

I think this feature is on the roadmap. You can help the team prioritize this feature by voting for it here

Export styles of selection as CSS and copy/paste them into a code editor of choice – Adobe XD Feedba...

Also look up other similar requests and vote for them.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm not sure if you are talking about the same aspect. I was wondering if Xd is supposed to generate markup in the future instead of just one large png reference as explained - not if a copy CSS routine is going to be implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right now, we're focused on being a UX/UI prototyping tool, not something that exports live HTML. However, it's still a potential future for us, so we're not excluding it. We're looking at potentially copying CSS elements from the design in our developer handoff feature, so you might want to upvote that in UserVoice as well.

Generate specs / measurements / style guide for developers – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & ...

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines