We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
After recent update, animations in XD are blurry and slow. Can anybody help me on this one, please?
<The Title was renamed by moderator>
Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. Could you please share the prototype link with us so that we can check at our end? Please share the OS and XD version of your machine.
We will try our best to investigate on the issue.
I am using the 31.2.12 version of XD on Mac Catalina version 10.15.6
I am pretty new to XD prototyping, will figure out, and share the file as soon as I can!
What size is your artboard that you're animating on? If it's too big it might be getting scaled down and maybe that's affecting performance and display quality?
I am using an artboard size of 1080 by 1920 and I noticed the animation is slow if I keep the preview window maximized. It works fine if the window is minimized, wasn't the case earlier though.
I have a feeling it's because of the size. 1920 is a large size that's bigger than the average desktop display, and honestly I wish XD did not default to that size. Only about 20% of people have a 1920 display, leaving 80% with another resolution (1280–1440 is the most common range) https://gs.statcounter.com/screen-resolution-stats/desktop/worldwide
I recommend designing for the 1280–1440 desktop size because it's more typical (although it's OK if you also want to do an alternative for 1920).