• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD brutally slow - suspect component instances?

Participant ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

I finally managed to get a datagrid with 50 records built / imported into XD.

I turned this datagrid into a component which is leveraged on 6 different artboards, but now, when I try to modify the master component XD is unusably slow.  Moving a column for example, takes at least 60 seconds.  I suspect this has something to do with updating the other instances of the component, but I'm not sure.

-This was not happening when the datagrid held 15 records.

-Nothing has changed with my machine, it is plenty powerful and has worked fine for the last two months.

Just when I think I'm winning with XD...it will not stop beating me up.  I find I spend more time trying to come up with workarounds and less time actually focusing on UX design with this product.

Any ideas or tricks to deal with the performance?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

To test my theory on the poor performance being directly related to the number of the component instances:

I started Ungrouping each component instance and each time I would test the master component to see if the performance improved. When I was down to the Master component and a single instance, performance was acceptable.

Next, I create 9 instances of the component to see if performance would degrade.  It didn't.

Hmph.  :  /

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further testing has revealed it!

No problem with all kinds of instances of this grid.  That is not the issue.

The issue occurs when the data repeater in a single instance of the datagrid component (which includes a data repeater) is  reduced in height so that a limited number of records appear.  Not a lot of data here, only 50 records.

Bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines