• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD crashes regularly while auto-saving

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently XD crashes while auto-saving. The XD workarea freezes, sometimes if I am lucky, it gets unfrozen when auto-save gets finished but most of the times I am not lucky and the app just ends with a crash. 

This trend started maybe 2 versions before the latest one. 

I am on Windows 10. 

Somehow I feel doomed now with those incessant issues of XD. Isn't there a chance to get a single stable, at least to a cerain extent, version to be used by professionals. No fancy features, no useless updates, just a stable minimal viable product to draw something and show to clients who cannot sympathise excuses of a crashing-app sort. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me (35.1.12 on Windows 10). XD repeatedly crashes when auto-saving, when I switch to XD from another app or every time when PC enters a sleep mode. When started again, recent documents are not shown sometimes, so I have to search them in Cloud documents folder. This is riddiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please colled and share logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rishabh_Tiwari Please check the AdobeLogs_20201126_073709_391-win.zip log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs, Martin. I am escalating this further for investigation and will update this discussion as soon as I hear from the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeLogs_20201127_103150_206-win.zxp 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Martin Marek and @tandora, sorry for bothering you with this. We need some additional information from your end. Please collect crash dumps after enabling them as mentioned here (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html ). Once you have it, please upload it to CC or Dropbox and share the link via PM. (to send a PM, click on my profile and hit the "Send a message" button on the top right of the page)

Let us know if you need any help with this. We'll be happy to take it over. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @Martin Marek, for sharing the files. We'll let you know if there is anything else that we need from your end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again for helping us with the logs. We were able to identify the problem and are now working on a fix! I'll update again when we have an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone! Thank you again for your patience with us on this. We have a fix for this issue in today's release of XD 37, which is available via the Creative Cloud Desktop App. If you don't see an update immediately, launch the Creative Cloud Desktop App, select Updates from the left rail > Select the "..." button in the upper right corner of the app, and then "Check for updates."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the detailed explanation on how to update XD. After following the instructions above, having checked for updates and updated to XD 37, here is a fresh log of the CRASH:

AdobeLogs_20210218_103215_236-win.zip

I doubt anyone needs complex 3D transforms or libriaries linked to other libraries (those are useless because they are not fully developed and don't work properly), can't there be a clean bug-free, crash-free version to be used from professionals who try to use that tool professionally because still trust the Adobe brand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. We also need the crash dump which will help to identify the root cause of the issue so could you enable crash dump by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/how-to-generate-crash-dump-on-windows-machine.html

Once enabled, please wait till the application crashes and once it crashes, please collect the logs from this location: %localAppdata%\Packages\Adobe.CC.XD_adky2gkssdxte\AC\Dumps and add it to a shared location and share the link through DM by clicking on my name.

Note: While sending the DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I have the same issue with Windows 10. Happens with big project files, stored in Cloud.

AdobeLogs_20210611_122804_530-win.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have the same problem, the cloud icon for the auto-save function saying "offline" for a short time, the auto-save fails and adobe XD is freezing and crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines