• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD dark mode still NOT available

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Creative Suite subscriber, and have been for more than a decade. About three years ago I installed XD on my Windows PC and bought an online course to get up to speed. The instructor was using a Mac, and showed how easy it was to change the default UI from gray text on a white background to dark mode (as I do with all other Adobe applications). However, the UI is different on Windows compared to Mac, and there's no way to set XD to dark mode. Gray text on a white background causes eye strain, and I immediately dumped XD as an unusable tool for my requirements.

A request for dark mode for XD has apparently been active since 2016. This makes me wonder whether the developers are listening or whether they are some sort of Mac snobs. Why would the UI be different on Windows compared to use on a Mac platform? Will users on Windows ever be able to set XD preferences to dark mode?

Irwin

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

This has been talked about since 2016, with thousands of votes and no real response unfortunately. I recently installed it because my Sketch licence ran out and was going to switch to XD. I'd rather pay for a software that the devs actually respond to the community. It's a sad sight that most companies developed a dark mode before it was released to the public in macOS, but for some reason this one is being ignored. Probably because it's free. 

For those interested, here's the request from 2016:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no dark mode for XD on mac as well.. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been talked about since 2016, with thousands of votes and no real response unfortunately. I recently installed it because my Sketch licence ran out and was going to switch to XD. I'd rather pay for a software that the devs actually respond to the community. It's a sad sight that most companies developed a dark mode before it was released to the public in macOS, but for some reason this one is being ignored. Probably because it's free. 

For those interested, here's the request from 2016: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12940362-dark-inte... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, i really miss Dark Mode in XD. No offense intended, but it's really ironic that an application designed to create appealing UI interfaces is missing such a feature. It's another subject that seems to be casually ignored by Adobe. So Adobe, I really hope this feature is in the pipeline! 

Anyways, have a great new years eve everyone! Stay Safe in 2022!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this thread after being up early and my screen is so bright I can barely look at it. Please Adobe … bring us some dark mode already! That's UX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand dark mode as white text on black background. On windows, I would recommend FoxitMobile reader for this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is about a dark theme for Adobe XD's UI itself - I don't understand what a PDF reader has to do with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah - Adobe is a bit late to the game on a lot of XD features and functionality. While Adobe is making measuable progress it's astounding that requested features and offerings are already available by much smaller companies (ie: Sketch, Lunacy etc) 

A few items that are glaringly missing from the application as of todays date are...

1.  Tabbed windows and a gather/merge windows feature.  
  2. Dark mode support (we don't stop working when the streetlights come on so let's go Adobe!)
  3.  Preferences (such as those found in other applications - we don't all have the same workflow) 

Why do we not have any of these things in 2021? That's a question I haven't yet received an answer from Adobe on yet these features are available on other UX apps like Sketch for much less money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunatelly you will not receive an answer. Adobe is a company that relies on the fact that they have a big  chunk of creators depending on them  and they will not answer comunity requests. Until real palpable competition comes around, these kind of decent and actually logical requests will be totally ignored.

Cheers and have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with all that's been posted to date. It's ve

ry frustrating not to be able to adjust app preferences in XD like othe creative cloud apps. For example, when I select reveal components in assets. My screens are so light I am unable to determine which assets have been highlighted. See screen shot of asset list where the majority of assets listed are actually highlighted. I am not using high contrast settings for Windows or my monitor. This is how the XD workspace always appears for me.

reveal components.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just opened and checked out the "brand new" Adobe Acrobat 2022.  STILL no change.  Are they just now repackaging the same program and updating the names and versions? lol  I mean unbelievable how many have requested this now COMMON feature on all other apps and operating systems!  The level of some Tech corporations DENSEness is truly astonishing sometimes.  I can count hundreds if not thousands of requests for this basic easy to implement feature yet Adobe doesn't care.  It's just weird.   Well adobe, one good turn deserves another.  keep ignoring your customers and we will find other options.  The strange thing is Adobe actually has this feature on EVERY OTHER PLATFORM and Operating system except Windows.  🤦‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines