We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
Since the latest update I can not save my XD files anymore. They are stored on Google Drive. I can open and edit them like usual. But then I get the error message "the document "xy" could not be saved". I can save it on my desktop or into the Adobe Cloud, but then I loose the preview links that I already published and gave to everyone involved in the project.
I tried going back to the former XD version, but then I can't open the files I worked on recently because "it was saved by a newer version of XD" and it tells me to update again.
This is hindering my work a greatly, so I would really appreciate some quick help.
Does it happens only with the project files that has been stored at Google Drive? Can you open new scratch project save and share it with others?
Yes, it seems to only happen on projects stored on Google Drive. I can save them on either the desktop or Adobe Cloud, but then need to generate new links. Once these are saved on e.g. Adobe Cloud I had no problem anymore with resaving the file and updating the links, so far.
I can change the files stored on Google Drive and update the links, but then can't save the files. I can however save them with a new name on Google Drive (just then I do loose the preview links again, and can't update the current links from the new file).
This morning I was even able to change and save a file stored on Google Drive that I could not save yesterday, and it worked...so I am really unsure where the Problem lies, but the uncertainty, of wether I weill be able to save the file or not, is a bit nervewreking.
It seems that the problems is in workaround with Adobe Creative Cloud and Google. In past some users also report about this bug. May be it depend on changes that are in updates of this servers.
I ended up erasing the Google Drive File Stream cache data, so far I am not having this problem anymore. So figers crossed, that it stays that way, and if anybody else is facing the same trouble, that might be a way to fix it.
Glad to hear it's working now and thank you for sharing the solution, I am sure it will help other community members. In case if it happens again in the future, please try turning off the sync for the folder temporarily and check if that resolves the issue.