• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD is in Maintenance Mode. Does that mean Adobe is discontinuing the App?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that Adobe XD is in "Maintenance Mode" and when I click through to learn more, it sounds like they will continue to support App users but it will no longer be updated?  That's going to suck if they discontinue XD because I hate figma.  TIA to anyone who may have better insight on what's happening with XD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is discontinued. Maintenance mode means it can be downloaded ( provided you have the proper CC plan), and they have a couple of employees who can do some account magic as needed. You are going to either have to learn Figma or another tool for your design needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to learn wireframing and wanted to use XD because I can transfer so much UI knowledge from PS and AI etc.  IF XD is discontinued will its features be integrated into PS, AI and other Adobe apps or are they going out of the wrieframing business entirely? You'd think that Adobe Management would like to stay in this market if they were willing to pay $20B for Figma, even though that deal fizzled.  Since I have to learn app or another, and XD is discontinued, should I stick around hoping that XD will morph into other Adobe apps or learn something else? If something else, which app is the best?  The choices are confusing! Anyone with an opinion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> If something else, which app is the best? 
If you are thinking of becoming a professional, it has to be Figma, as that's what everyone uses professionally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 01, 2024 Jul 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm just catching up wth the "maintenance mode" news too. 

Muse

Dreamweaver

XD

There's a pattern.

Three of the reasons why I originally opted in to Creative Cloud.

The web dev world has moved on and it seems Adobe isn't taking their customers anywhere near there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines