• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD keeps crashing regularly (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 on a GTX 1080 Ti. I've had this issue since a very long time. The latest graphic drivers are installed (released 17/08/2020). XD is updated too.

Crashes seem to happen randomly, ie when resizing a layer and even when just moving a layer. I cannot use XD at all because of this problem. If actively wanting to work on a project XD lasts no longer than 5 minutes before it crashes.

I keep pressing the Send Report button after the crash since weeks but never heard back from anyone and the crashes  weren't fixed in the recent XD updates.

What can I try to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Hi Kevin,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to identify the root cause of the crash, so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD.
  2. Is it crashing while working on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. Please ensure that you have the latest graphic card drivers as per the manufacturer's website.
  4. If it is already up to date, please collect system logs by following the steps shared:  here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html
  5. W

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 104 Replies 104
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please uninstall XD using the Adobe Cleaner tool: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

And then reinstall it from the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/download-creative-cloud-apps.html

If this doesn't help, once it crashed please collect the system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

even after completely uninstalling Adobe XD and all Adobe programs, including Creative Cloud, the problem was not solved. After further searching I found an user mentioned this problem only occurs with files saved in Adobe Cloud ("cloud document").

After saving the project locally on my hard drive the crashes no longer occur.

EDIT: I take back what I just posted. After more than an hour of designing, XD started crashing again. When re-opening, it will crash more frequent than before. I'm out of ideas.

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:

File: AdobeLogs_20200901_082737_196-win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for sharing the logs, I will escalate this further and will update the discussion as soon as I have an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your patience. Could you please confirm if you are using a dual monitor setup? If yes, have you tested it without the external monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a dual monitor setup (2 x HD) at some point, even while using XD, but currently and in the past months only one monitor (3440x1440)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response, Manuel. Could you please update XD to the latest version which is 33.1.12.4 and observe if it is still crashing. If yes, please re-collect the system logs with updated XD and share it with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Creative Cloud my XD is up to date and 33.1.12 is installed.

It is still crashing.

The following file has been uploaded on Adobe LogCollector Portal:

File: AdobeLogs_20200925_104729_231-win.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have ended my CC subscription now. I cannot use Adobe XD because it keeps crashing since months with no fixed by Adobe in sight. It appears that many people have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup these JOKERS ARE PATHETIC!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the hell ARE ALL OF THESE XD CRASHES WINDOWS 10- CONSTANTLY Forums on here marked as solved?! when none of them are  solved! IT STILL CONSTANTLY CRASHES WINDOWS ALL THE TIME - its the worst, most pathetic buggy piece of crap software ive ever had the misfortune of having to use!  We, like everyone else will be switching to Figma soon, but for now, while we are stuck with this UTTER TRASH - can you please at least make it work on windows and not mark all these foryums as solved when the problem is clerarly not fuuucking solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled system with latest Windows few weeks ago but XD keeps crashing with no apparent reason. I installed newest version (XD36) and it's still the same. At the moment, IT WON'T EVEN OPEN THE FILE no matter how much I try : |

In some cases I found this workaround:

in order to open file A, I first open file B and then use the "Open local file" option so I can choose to open file A. But like I said, this works only occasionally.

Also, several times I have received some weird error message on startup telling me to "try again" or to "quit XD". Ironically, it starts working fine when I select the second option.

Also, when I export artboard as, let's say, .png image, make some changes to the artboard and then export it again in the same location and as same format I get message that it cannot override read-only file... ? Then I must delete first image and try exporting it again.

Finally, with the latest release it happened me several times that when I tried to export the artboard the whole XD screen just froze and then it crashed. I have no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I was just looking and looking for why it was crashing on me too and I found this maybe up to date or if something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I solve with this video, meybe you can solve problem:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVd73wFid4M

Adobe XD not starting in Windows10 1.Right Click on Adobe XD. 2. App Setting. 3.First try repair. 4.Run Adobe XD. 5.If not working the try the reset. --------------------------------MUSIC----------------------------------------------------- Track: Jim Yosef - Firefly pt. II (ft. STARLYTE) [NCS ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue.

Although my crashes happen 5-10 times a day, but practically every time is when I have XD minimized or am looking at another window (Browser or whatever).

This has been happening for a long time now.

I'm on Windows 10 with the latest updates. The newest versin of XD as of 19/11/2020, and the newest Geforce drivers as of 19/11/2020 for my GTX 970m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD is so unstable on Windows, its actually ridiculous! Update after update and nothing improves. I have never used such a buggy program in all 15 years of design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every few minutes now. My entire community complains. We are moving to Figma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with text is also a joke. Sometimes when typing, the text ends up in the text properties panel field where you adjust the text size. It doesnt resolve unless I quit XD, and sometimes I can't even quit XD and have to force quit the app...hilarious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me all the time, and my hardware is good, I've good a decent graphic card and enough memory for sure. My software is up to date, too. Did the reinstall help, as recommended by the Adobe employee in the comment? Please share if something helps. Can the problem be related with working online, in the Adobe cloud all the time? I prefer offline software when possible, but that's not the case with XD. If that's some sort of a bug, I hope they fix it soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Becasue ADobe will not reply and these pathetic hacks keep marking these as solved when the issue is not, I will let you know, NOTHING you can do will solves this probl;em - its a fundmental flaw in the app which they refuse or can not fix, updates, refreshes, reeinstalls, changing to 1 minoter etc, etc is ALL WASTE OF YOUR TIME designed to make you run around in cricle until you hopefully forget about the problme, becuase they simply dont give a fuuck about their custoemrs, expecially windows users apprently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash! Crash! Crash! XD keeps freezing and crashing. The ONLY app I have problem with on my computer. Getting real old!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously, it's all CRASHING and make me not using XD at all 😕    

XD Do something, please !!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use Figma and be happy, adobe XD is a problem, just like all other adobe programs, it's just a headache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on Adobe? I have had to recreate things like 5 times today. Switching to Figma until this gets fixed. Get it together if yall ever plan to compete with Sketch + Figma. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines