Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD prototype wiring from a file into a new file including the wiring

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

how can I get the prototype wiring from a file into a new file including the wiring? I can insert all artboards, but unfortunately without wiring.
Thanks for the support
Oli4

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Hi @caln2456029,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestion. In addition to our expert Akin suggestion, we also found a request that looks similar to one of the requests mentioned on the XD UserVoice page: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38809390-being-able-to-save-a-file-in-the-cloud-and-at-the.

Please confirm if this is the same functionality you're looking for. If not, please create a new request for yourself so our engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @caln2456029, I tried this way and as I see it I'm able to paste the artboards from another file with existing wires/interactions:
1- Open the file you want to paste the artboards from.

2-  Select "prototype tab" in that file.

3- Select the artboards you want to copy.

4- Open the file you want to paste the artboards with interactions/wires.

5- Select the prototype tab and paste.

As you see the key point is copying and pasting while prototype tab is active in both files. Let me know how it goes for you and share an example file if you need to so we can take a look if it doesn't work maybe some other expert can suggest something else. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you, that's nice. This solution is for when things are moved/copied within the cloud. However, my wish is to paste Wiring content copied from a local file into an existing Cloud file that has already generated a URL. The URL should be the same, as quite a few colleagues refer to this updated file. Re-creating the wiring and sending a new URL each time is unproductive. The reason why I work locally should be very well understood in my support log files: I have often seen many (3-5) hours of work disappear in front of my eyes. This should not happen.
Kind regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just tested with a cloud file and in the prototype tab, by dragging a selection that includes all the interactions/wires and artboards I managed to paste it into a cloud document. There might be some problems of course in some cases in case some elements have some "previous artboard" etc as destination but those can be resolved. Thing might get complicated for some more complex structures I understand but I pasted the local artboards and interactions in the prototype tab of the cloud document: https://xd.adobe.com/view/6448055e-a611-4ea3-93d7-5db05cbfd3d9-311b/ 
(artboards with blue elements were from a local file) Maybe meanwhile some other expert suggests something, hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @caln2456029,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestion. In addition to our expert Akin suggestion, we also found a request that looks similar to one of the requests mentioned on the XD UserVoice page: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38809390-being-abl....

Please confirm if this is the same functionality you're looking for. If not, please create a new request for yourself so our engineering team can look into your request.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see the same requirements that colleagues have. This would be important to implement in a timely manner.

I see sensible essential questions/important suggestions in the comments/wishes, some of which have unfortunately not been answered or implemented. This is a real pity in terms of UX.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines