XD to After Effects text problems

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

 

I'm having trouble exporting artboards from an XD file to After Effects. In my original design I'm only using two typefaces: Archivo and Space Grotesk, from Google Fonts. Curiously, these are the only fonts that After Effects appears to be unable to process? In the screenshots you can see I have an artboard with multiple text layers in different typefaces, and the top 4 (which are all Archivo and Space Grotesk layers) get imported as Myriad Pro, whereas the bottom 4 typefaces were imported properly.

 

I found I'm able to manually change the typeface to Archivo or Space Grotesk on After Effects after I've imported, but it would take me a huge amount of time to do that to every layer in my project. What could be causing this problem? 

Captura de pantalla (42).png

 

Captura de pantalla (43).png

Captura de pantalla (44).png

Captura de pantalla (45).png

 

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

136

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. How are the fonts installed? Are you using some fonts manager that is syncing them for use on your machine, or have you downloaded the font files and installed them manually? Are the other fonts installed the same way?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I'm not using a font manager. I've downloaded the fonts from Google Fonts and installed them manually. The fonts from Adobe Fonts seem to work best. The fonts I've downloaded from Google Fonts seem to be the problem, although some of them work and some don't. I'm guessing it could be the varaible weight files. Is there any solution to this?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try not to use the variable weight files at all, maybe reinstall the problematic fonts without them and see if that fixes it. There are some google fonts available on Adobe Fonts as well, perhaps you could activate these ones from there and try to solve the issue that way. Don't use that workflow too often, so I can't say why exactly this might be happening. Will try it myself and see if I get any issues if I find the time.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines