Highlighted

Adobe fonts missing in XD

Advocate ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I install a font from the My Adobe fonts UI they show up in the font list in PS, ID and Illu but not XD. Yet another XD font issue in addition to the ones we already have. OS is W10.

I'm also facing this issue in XD (15.0.12.8) with both local and Typekit fonts, but have a workaround.

XD seems to ignore any font not physically located in the Windows/Fonts folder.  If you're using a font manager, those fonts probably won't be available unless you manually copy the fonts over to %windir%\fonts and then restart XD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe fonts missing in XD

Advocate ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I install a font from the My Adobe fonts UI they show up in the font list in PS, ID and Illu but not XD. Yet another XD font issue in addition to the ones we already have. OS is W10.

I'm also facing this issue in XD (15.0.12.8) with both local and Typekit fonts, but have a workaround.

XD seems to ignore any font not physically located in the Windows/Fonts folder.  If you're using a font manager, those fonts probably won't be available unless you manually copy the fonts over to %windir%\fonts and then restart XD.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at the solutions in these posts and let us know if they helped.

add fonts to adobe experience design

Can I install fonts in Adobe creative XD?

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not fonts from Adobe Font Kit but fonts downloaded from Adobe Fonts. These are two separate features. I never use Font kit. Never worked for me in any of the CC apps. But the newly published Adobe Fonts service does, well at least in the PS, ID and Illu.

From your link: "XD should load all fonts you have installed on your OS.  If you just installed a new font then please restart XD in order to have access to them." This has NEVER worked! C'mon, surely you must know that this doesn't work as described? There are literary thousands of posts on this. XD on Windows has major typeface issues and the font files I have does NOT get detected locally by XD. As I wrote in my post here, the newly installed fonts from Adobe Fonts (the CC service) doesn't show up in XD, but in PS, ID and Illu they do show up. Time to fix all the XD font issues if you ask me

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback. I would recommend getting in touch with us directly using this link Contact Customer Care​ for further investigation.

If you are not comfortable doing that, I am hoping that someone that knows better will take it from here.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest that someone working at Adobe or for Adobe brings the fonts issues up for highest level as there are so many different issues related to fonts in XD. It's become the mother of all problems and its been going on since day one. XD and fonts is not a very good match. A real struggle.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
A8h1nay LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with @perrybrus. Its mid-2020 and I am still facing this issue. Fonts activated from "Adobe Fonts" are not appearing even after restarting XD. Please fix this. It is annoying, to say the least.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines