• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BUG: Font visual position on screen not the same between Mac and Windows?

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same file open in the exact same version of XD (latest) on both my Mac and my PC. For some reason, even though the text in the design is in the exact same position, and nothing is different, there is a visual alignment issue going on. The text does not look like it is in the exact same place on both OS's. That text is in an ideal spot on the Mac, but it looks slightly offset on windows even though it is in the exact same position without any changes. I'm not sure why this is the case. This is happening for every piece of text in the document, not just these 2 examples that I have highlighted in attached screenshots. Look at every other piece of text in those screenshots. You will see that they are not aligned the same.

I have also tried re-saving the file on Windows and opening on the Mac, and the text is still aligned as I want on the Mac but not on Windows. I plan to start working on this project on Windows now but I do not feel comfortable with doing so if I know that font will not be aligned. 

The font I'm using is Sofia pro and that font is an Adobe Font. Could this be just some weird issue with the typeface itself, because it does not appear to happen with local fonts that I use on other projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and for the delay in response. Could you please refer to this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/absolutely-different-font-rendering-on-mac-and-windows/td-p/...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines