• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see text I'm editing it?

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a document. When I click to edit the text, It appears blank. I type out what I expect it to be and then hit control enter or click outside the box and I see that what I typed is there on the screen. But it is not visible when I'm editing.

I know in a previous version if your line spacing was off it would obscure part of the type, but I set it to "0" to get the default value to show... and I'm still having the same issue.

Is this a known issue? It is incredibly frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system are you using? Mac or Windows? If the latter, are your graphics cards drivers updated? We generally see this when your graphics card drivers are out of date with your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated very recently.

I'm using an HP Z-Book 15 G2 with a Quadro K1100? card. So I have pretty decent graphics power.

When I closed Adobe XD and reopened it, it was working as normal.

I often see other behavior where it feels like the program "sticks". It becomes unresponsive to keyboard shortcuts, so I can't zoom, pan or switch tools. Menus are still active... so I have to save close and reopen the same file and I'm able to continue.

Sometimes it's on a page with a dozen or more artboards, but I've seen it on smaller documents.

It looks like the file that I'm working with is currently 41MB.  I don't know if that is "large" for XD or not or if that sheds some light on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the size of the smallest file where you have faced this issue. Also, would it be possible to share your files for testing. You could upload your file to a shared location such as CC or Dropbox and share the URL with me over  private message. To send a private message, click my picture and use the Message button.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Preran,

I am having the same issue with the most up to date graphics drivers (1050 ti on laptop).  I can send you the file since it is just a personal project, unless you have already figured the issue out and are working on a fix.  It is a very small project, with the text working initially when I first started the project.

Fixed: I found that the text fields "Line Spacing" was defaulting to 1 which causes the text to be unreadable.  Once selected on the text field I changed the Line Spacing to the actual Font Size which fixed my issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines