• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change The State of Multiple Selected Objects At Once

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I have a grid of boxes. They are all the same and they have a default state and another state we'll call state B. Both states of these boxes are the same. Currently, I can only change the state of each box individually. Is there a way I can select multiple boxes and change the states of them in one shot? That would be a great time saver. Thanks!

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Hi Lee,

There is a way to do that, if only you change state of Master component it will be reflected to all instances of same state,unless if it is overridden. By changing states of instances, it will become override and not going to effect any other instances of same state. So you need to change only master component's respective state to make reflect on all other instances of same state.

And if you want the feature to switch between states at one go,Well that is not available right now but you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lee,

There is a way to do that, if only you change state of Master component it will be reflected to all instances of same state,unless if it is overridden. By changing states of instances, it will become override and not going to effect any other instances of same state. So you need to change only master component's respective state to make reflect on all other instances of same state.

And if you want the feature to switch between states at one go,Well that is not available right now but you can raise your Thought Adobe XD: Feature Requests here and get upvoted,based on that it can be taken into consideration.

I hope it would be time saver. Feel free to reach out for further queries.

Thank you,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Subedi already described, the best way to change the appearance of a state of objects overall, is to edit the Master Component.

Or are you referring to how to change the starting state of an instance to its initial state ? I also always forget to switch instances back to their starting state...

Or are you referring to how to let one trigger change several objects their states, while defining/testing the navigation/interaction ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anita and Peter. The latter of what Anita said was what I was looking to achieve. It looks like I will need to submit a feature request. I appreciate both of your replies. Here's also a quick video of what I'm trying to do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the video, clear enough, and indeed not a currently available possibility.

You're not missing out on something, and I can't come up with a work-around...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines