• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color profile problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what color profile does XD work with? because i work with standard sRGB (IEC61966-2.1) and i got an EIZO monitor, so i see exactly what i get. but pictures in sRGB in photoshop looks different than in XD. XD has much more red in it. this alos happens in the preview.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

The team informed me that the difference is because Photoshop uses color correction/color spaces, and XD uses raw device colors..

For more info, see Color Management (set color profiles) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am checking with the team. Will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team informed me that the difference is because Photoshop uses color correction/color spaces, and XD uses raw device colors..

For more info, see Color Management (set color profiles) – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never heard about 'raw device colors'. whatever, ok so XD has no color management

thank you fot the answer and have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to help. Please vote for the feature request using the link above for the team to prioritize it. You have a wonderful day as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe by "raw colors", they mean device color, though I can't be sure.

Is that correct Preran?

That means that the colors shown by XD are dependent on the display you're using and the app is not using device-independent protocols to ensure consistent color from app to app and display to display.

So, as you suspected, it appears XD is not color managed, which is a square-one problem for professional designers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means whatever I export from XD lacks an applied color profile. It's really important since browsers interpret image data differently, when they lack a color profile. E.g. Firefox uses the maximum of the display's color space while Safari uses the active display color space. This results in unwanted oversaturated colors in Firefox. This should be a high priority feature since Adobe XD should be a professional software for professional work. Nobody would even think about exporting a print-PDF without color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even I have the same issue. Imported Images i.e. JPEG, PNG colors are drastically changed. If I want to use the color picker on the same image it is taking the wrong code compared to photoshop.

Please solve it as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. XD uses SRGB throughout so for the best experience, I'd recommend setting the SRGB as the monitor profile. Having said that this happens since XD is yet not color-managed. I'll pass on your feedback with the Engineering team and I'd also request you to please upvote this UserVoice request: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/17480899-color-man...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to reopen discussion in another forum thread related to this topic.  It was marked as "Solved" but I don't think the issue is actually solved yet.  Check it out here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/washed-out-colors-after-export-in-xd/m-p/11361483?page=1#M35...

Essentially, there seems to be a discrepency between the colors represented within the XD software and the way they are represented once they are exported or shared online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its October 2021 folks.. and Adobe XD colors are still more saturated than other programs.. 
What color profile setting will work across ALL adobe products?? How can I seamlessly work between illustrator, photoshop and XD when it seems that this issue still not been resolved..?

Helpp... please.. branding designer.. on a daily basis and this is critical.. Do I have to move back to Sketch to resolve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a solution that works for me using Photoshop: 

You can try exporting with Convert to sRGB and Embed Color Profile in File > Export > Export As (PNG)

Justin5F85_0-1600944896516.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also open the image with Windows and then make a Copy, the colors are now as seen not washed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this, but without any good results. Does is really work for you?

What I do: an image in Photoshop is first  SRGB. Save for Web always gives me internt proof pictures.

But these PNGs, JPEGS, once importerd in XD change directly: the colours gets too satuareted.
I can't color pick and work with the pictures. Also clean #code looks to satuarated. 
I work on a normal MacbookPro from 2019. Sketch and all Adobe programmes work normal

Note: once exported from CD, it DOES look normal. But you can't work like this ofcourse. You have to knwo what you're doing. It a bit designing with a blindfol like this Adob! What a shame, this keeps me using Sketch. Unless, you have a workaround that works for now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is that XD is not even consistent with how it exports graphics.

Exports some assets as a png, and then again as a jpg... There is a definitive color shift, and I see no way to change that in any settings. That seems ridiculous.

Look at the difference in how the orange color displays in these 2 example images, depending on the location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines