• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Component State] Tree view collapsed each time I'm switching from a state to another

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I work on states I need to keep in view all layers of this component. But each time I switch from one state to the other my component shrink in the layers panel. So I need each time to expand it again. It's very annoying.

Tks,

Xavier.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Hi Xavier, 

Sorry for the delay in my response. It looks to me like this feature is working the way it was designed. If you would like to see this changed, please use this link https://adobexd.uservoice.com to create a request with the product team along with reasons about how changes to the feature can  help improve your experience. 

Please share the thread here so that we can keep track of it. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xavier, 

Sorry for the delay in my response. It looks to me like this feature is working the way it was designed. If you would like to see this changed, please use this link https://adobexd.uservoice.com to create a request with the product team along with reasons about how changes to the feature can  help improve your experience. 

Please share the thread here so that we can keep track of it. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I created a feature request on User Voice with a video. Same title. Tks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It looks to me like this feature is working the way it was designed"... so 3 years ago, it "looked to somebody" that this absolute design failure and waste of time is working the "way it was designed".

So obviously, the "Correct answer" came from somebody that hasn't any idea about Usability, even nor about XD in itself. 2022, and stil wasting 100's of hours only clicking the component to memorize his structure. It prones to a stressing session of broken components, losing states, jumping from state selector  to the component, expanding it, fix the eye on it, and see it again close. Sure, that was the "way it was designed" according to a personal opinion of somebody that should to hel ups, no send us links to places that nobody reads at Adobe.

Simply, XD is an absolute shame of product. Even it fails to work as is intended to do as an UX design tool. Angry, frustration and impotence about all those thousands hours Ive lost since I made the wrong decission to try it: Create a simple collapsible menu, three or four states, with another component inside... a week to test and make it work after hundreds of failures. Came a small change from customer... a week more. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Edu Couchez,

Unfortunatelly Xd product owner doesn't seems to care so much about its customers. I moved to Figma 3 month ago. It works without crashing every 5 minutes, so this only point justify the change. 
Frankly I'm a early Xd fan and it breaks my heart to move to Figma. Xd Ui is fantastic but everything else is dramatic. On one hand no improvements, an infinite number of bug crashes and in the other hand a complete lack of transparency, weird feature choices (why 3D ??? we don't care)... 4 years ago something happens in Xd team... But what ?

On Figma for the moment it's the opposite. A huge community, some bugs but nothing to compare, component management is awesome, a lot of visibility on the roadmap. It's night and day (don't know if this expression work in english 🙂 ) !

Please Xd team, now it's time for you to inspect and adapt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep!... thanks. I've tried to leave the "vice" of working with XD, but you know... face learning curves in the middle of important projects is not the thing I want. Anyway, I'll take seriously your suggestion... really I don't need perfect gradients or flourishes that I rarely use, I only need a tool that I can trust it, an can do what I have in mind.

Now it's a Russian Roulette, I can't make project’s accurate budget calculations, because it can be from hours to months. Simply look how this left menu exploted in my face, when updated just in the middle on a crucial presentation to stakeholders, of a very big air line... 

Screenshot 2022-04-20 105923.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haahahaha!!!... just voted, I'm the 9th!!! Awesome to see that common sense has to be voted.

Anyway, even to vote or write any opinion, I've to login each time I need to get in in this community or uservoice (why two different places to ask simply for justice?) In every web app, forum or whatever place I go, I can get in seamessly... Adobe commounities/uservoice is the only place that sistemathically asks me to log in, no matter if I've been there yesterday.

With such practices, I can understand why only 9 votes of a such basic thing (among hundreds of others that barelly get the 100) Even, it's a good barometer to see the real amount of "serious" XD's users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines