• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Component States Not Applying

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create text carousels and image carousels, my new component states aren't "sticking". If I make a secondary state and adjust the horizontal location of my carousel, the default state shows that adjustment too. I'm really frustrated because other components of mine are working, including a sliding button that does have a shape that moves horizontally.

I've tried putting transparent and opaque shapes behind my moving images/text to see if it was just those specific text boxes or images. I've tried pasting all of my images as one file instead of a group. Nothing works. I've inserted a gif below showing what I've described, and how after the adjustment, no changes are shown.

Troubleshooting.gif

TOPICS
How to , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

You're moving the component itself, not the things inside the component. Double-click to go into the component and then move the items (on one of the states) and then it should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're moving the component itself, not the things inside the component. Double-click to go into the component and then move the items (on one of the states) and then it should work.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for your help as I learn how to use components. You just saved me so much work (and further frustration). Godbless!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to play this in the prototype? Maybe I missed it but it seems transaction only happen when transition to another artboard. What is I just wanted to simulate an element expanding when clicked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops nevermind, I saw the auto-animate feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a similar problem which makes me sooo frustrated. I change the states and it doesn't work. The flag I add to the state, applies also to the default state. Please see the recording. I very much hope in your help. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the visibility of the flags between each state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place both the UK and the German flags in the component, then for the default state make the UK flag visible and the German frag hidden, and for the "Germany" state make the UK flag hidden and the German flag visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way. Please see recording. I did right click-hide icon and the state icon still appears in the default state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look at my screens:

Default state (red flag is visible)

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 12.19.55.png--

Blue state (blue flag is visible)

Screenshot 2023-06-10 at 12.20.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right. For me it's visible too, but when I switch to default state, the new state flag appears in the default state.  What am I doing wrong? :(((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us your layers panel for each state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (83).pngScreenshot (84).pngScreenshot (85).pngScreenshot (86).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see your component exposed in the layers panel - can you click the component in the layers panel to open it up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you have it: 

Screenshot (88).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - you can toggle the visibility by hovering over the layer in the layers panel (eg "Great Britain, United Kingdom" group) and selecting the visibility icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am really really sorry :(((( But I still don't get it. I tried to toggle visibility by clicking on the eye symbol. Still it doesn't work. I follow the instructions of this video: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So3gwzDya8c&list=LL&index=1&t=198s&ab_channel=MindIslandDesign

And it works for simple words, but with the flags no. Why is it not possible to simply replace the flags in every state?  It should be so easy and it worked in other dropdown menus I created, but not here. Here you have also the video of what I do: https://vimeo.com/835015505?share=copy. What am I doing wrong? And thank you soooo much for your patience? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you delete something in a component state XD will get confused and alter the default state too. So it's best to change the properties of elements instead, ie. change the visibility of an element rather than deleting the element.

This is how I'd do:

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 11.48.21.pngScreenshot 2023-06-11 at 11.48.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably there is my issue. I am not able to change the hierarchy and when I click on the eye symbol to make the German flag visible for the state, it stays visible also in the default state and if I again click on the eye symbol in the default state to make the German flag invisible, it disappears again in its state. This time I didn't delete anything. Please see pics. Thx!!!

Flag 1.jpgFlag 2.jpgFlag 3.pngFlag 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your German flag is not in the component. Can you place it in the component and check again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, God!! It worked :))))))))) I can finally sleep... I don't know how to thank you :)))) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines