• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Component States] wont work when shared for review/development links are viewed in browser in XD.

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project and the new states are absolutely amazing. However, when i add states like hower effect for a component and share it for review/development with my client and when the client opens it on web the hower states just wont work. So there is no point of states if it works only in app preview. Is there a fix to this or am I doing something wrong?

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

[Merged all related threads]

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Hover interactions will work in the browser in Design Review mode, as long as a Home artboard has been set in Prototype mode. Select the artboard you want to be the Home artboard, and then click the "house" icon. For States support in Design Specs mode, please add your vote to this feature request:
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component-states-to-development-design-specs
Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly sure I know what you mean here, but could it be that you're watching it in "design spec mode" and not preview? (You can switch between them in the top right side of the preview).

I myself find it quite sad that you can't see the different states in design spec though. Makes the states kinda worthless for the developers... or maybe I missed something to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when you generate a link to share your artboard for design review/development, and when you open the link on a browser the hover states won't work. The whole point of states becomes useless because you can't see the states in development preview or design preview. So is the only use of states to use it in desktop preview? Is there a workaround to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karan,

Sorry to hear you are facing trouble using Adobe XD. The team is already aware of this behavior and is working on it to fix the issue. We will update you as soon as we get any updates from the team.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can I expect a fix for this. Because without this being fixed states become absolutely useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hover interactions will work in the browser in Design Review mode, as long as a Home artboard has been set in Prototype mode. Select the artboard you want to be the Home artboard, and then click the "house" icon. For States support in Design Specs mode, please add your vote to this feature request:
https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/38978644-component...
Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the introduction of states it is now easy to create hovers. But how/where can a developer see those specs of the hover when the file is shared for development?

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i'm having the same problem, we've been testing this today;

• No spec in the dev share for the interactions - components do not show colour, character style or any of the hover or interaction code.
  • Colours are not pulling through from the assets generally
  • Character styles are not pulling through to the dev share generally
  • Share for dev feels quite broken and is not sharing all of the assets, even those marked for export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh dang! I was just going to check this, as I have a few things I've updated for my developer. And I was so excited to share this with him! After checking to see what the specs look like, I really would have looked like an idiot if I had only sent him this without a state-by-state comparison of my buttons. 😕 Seems like a pretty big oversight....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing trouble that you are unable to get the design specs for the active states and only show the specs for the default state.

The team is already aware of the issue and is working on the same. We will get back to you if we need any further details from your end. 

We apologies for the inconvenience. Meanwhile, you may create a seperate artboards without using states for design specs. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of the time i make Hover states or Different States in XD but Developer tools only inspect Default State. Anyone knows where i can inspect those states.

BTW its not very helpfull for Developer guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI HARSHIKA,

When can we expect this to be solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

•  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IMG_20201022_133043_583.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines