• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Design]-Nesting of components causes multiple clicks in XD.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a menu that contains 7 buttons. Each button is it's own component and then I nested them all together as a single component called "More Menu". They are all stacked on top of each other and when activated by a click, they fold open in a radial menu layout. 

The problem I'm having is that I have to click several times (assuming it's through each button component) until the More Menu component's interaction can happen. 

What it seems like is that a component that contains multiple components cannot act on one interaction alone. It has to click through all the other interactions, within the sub-components, until  the main component can play it's animation. 

Is there a workaround this or a known issue?

Thansk!

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind confirming if you are experiencing the same issues in the latest version of XD? If yes, please submit your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Harshika,

I've managed to find a workaround this and all works as it should. It wasn't because of the latest update, but I just found an "out of the box" way of fixing this.

Thank you for your reply though! 

Best, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What it seems like is that a component that contains multiple components cannot act on one interaction alone."

With my limited expertise with the feature, I think this is a limitation. There will be several enhancements to the way compoents work in XD, and I suggest using the link that Harshika shared to provide feedback.

I love the way you are trying to extend the capabilities of this feature. I think I will give it a shot myself when I have the time.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines