• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font way smaller than it should be

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I'm writing text in adobe xd and set it to 16, it's a lot smaller than 16 pixels. When I try to open the presets, it doesn't work, the menu is not clickable. 

Does anyone know how to fix this issue, it's driving me crazy..

I appreciate your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you mean assets preset of character style because XD font size does not have a drop-down /preset sizes menu? 

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vishu

Thanks a lot for your response.

When I set the font to 16 its way smaller than 16px. I can't open the adobe xd presets, please see the attached screenshots for clarification.

I appreciate your help 🙂

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-13 um 17.20.54.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-12-13 um 17.21.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judging from your screenshots, this is correct appearance of a 16px Helvetica...

Unless you're zoomed in a lot or changed the size of your artboard (and not its name).

Here's mine for reference, also at 16px:

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-14 om 11.32.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The unavailable Preference menu is also no real problem. In fact, it's a bit stupid issue: Apple requires all aplications to show a Preference menu, whether or not the developer uses it. So doesn't Adobe XD have any preferences ? Yes, but they're under the Help menu (like the langauage preference). Yeah, I know – it's tedious how Apple and Adobe often handle their preferences in a very un-obvious manner...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter

Thanks a lot for your taking the time to help me 🙂

I understand but when I'm in preview mode, its not 16px. See the following screenshot. I changed the artboard to 1440 x 900 and put a website with 16px menu next to the preview:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-14 um 15.17.48.png

The "Home" on the preview is smaller for sure. But in my opinion it should be exactly the same.

Do you know, why this is happening?

I really appreciate your help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of preview are you using ? I can't compare it with previews of my own configuration, if I can't see the full width of your previews. Please supply a screenshot which reveals the width of your artboard, and indicate the artboard's pixel size.

If your display isn't capable of showing a preview in its real pixel size, then a proportionally scaled version will fit into the preview window. And are you watching the original on a 1:1 scale ? If we can be sure of these aspects, then we can compare what's happening with the text size.

Try this setup: a landscape iPad (1024 x 768) in design and preview mode, lined up, with a 16 px Neue Helvetica:

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-15 om 00.26.29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines