• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[How to] Building Out Complex Cards - Text Overlay

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any documentation for building out more complex components in XD? I have been searching for the last few days but can't seem to find any detailed solutions for creating complex components for our UI library.

For example, I'm working on building out a card that will resize when the text is updated. I can get the headline to wrap correctly, but the paragraph text below it won't recognize that the headline grew. Is there any way to do this in XD, or is this capability not there yet?

Component with responsive text. Paragraph text won't automatically move below on resizeComponent with responsive text. Paragraph text won't automatically move below on resizeOriginal ComponentOriginal Componentcurrent text groupingcurrent text grouping

TOPICS
Design , How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nikki@shure,

I'd be happy to help you with this situation. I think with this new content aware layout you can achieve this. Please see this discussion with the explanation and steps to create text box which can resize according to the text inside (https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/create-a-button-that-resizes-based-on-the-text-inside-xd-26/...). 

Please update this thread in case you need further assistance. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines