• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to open .ai file in xd

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have adobe xd and .ai file from person that gave me project made in illustrator. Is there any chance to open .ai file in xd without installing any additional software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

XD seems to like SVG a lot more than .ai files. If you export SVG from Illustrator, you can drag them into XD, or import.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XD seems to like SVG a lot more than .ai files. If you export SVG from Illustrator, you can drag them into XD, or import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2018 Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's quite sad that both products of Adobe can't fully cooperate ;/ I don't own Illustrator, and don't want to install additional software just to import files ;/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably though the AI files came from somewhere. Have the person sending you the files do an SVG for you.

There are also online converters. Try this one:

ai to svg - CloudConvert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the current time is my tip. Copy and paste. Or start with Adobe XD right away

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines