• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I invited a client to View and Share the design but the client cannot share.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I invited a client to "View and Share" the design on XD website. The link is with Access "Only invited people". The client can see the design but can't share (invite). As the owner, I can clearly see that the design for the client is "Can view and Can share". On the attached image below XD says that the client doesn't have the permission to invite people. Do you know anything about this issue? How to fix it? avoid in the future?

I also tried to test the whole process of invitation with my wife. I invited her to View and Share the design, she received the invitation, got into the design on XD website and clicked button Invite. Then she entered my another email, but this time she had only one option to View but not to share the design. So she was able to share but couldn't share the design with permission to share it further. 

How to understand these sharing permissions? Can anyone explain to me how this process is working and why my client cannot share the design with her coworkers? 

TOPICS
Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I think I understood the process and the challenge here. Person A gives the share permission to B, however, B doesn't have an option to give the "Can Share" permission to anyone else. Am I correct, if I say that B doesn't have the options as shown in this screenshot. 

Atul_Saini_0-1603352483656.png

Please share the region where you're operating from. I would also like to know if you are working under an enterprise network?

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in Austria. I am not really sure what you mean by "enterprise network". I do have paid account at Adobe though. 

Yes, basically you understood the situation correctly. There is another situation, however.

Person A gave share permission to Person B and Person B cannot share it further at all. Person B can only "View" the design.

To be honest I don't remember whether I gave the permission to person B or it was another person (with whom I previously shared the design). In this case, it might be that Person B cannot give share permission to anyone even if later Person C listed as with Share permission. This is why I described the situation when I tested this process with my wife. She could view and share but couldn't share with permission to share it further (she didn't have the option from your screenshot). 

Anyhow. My problem is my client cannot share the design with her coworkers, she is constantly asking me to share it. I want her to share it herself! And this "Can share" option supposed to solve this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying again, I'll share your feedback with the product team and I'll get back to you in case they need additional information. 

Meanwhile, can you please roll back to the previous version XD 33 and check if that enables that invite option as per my screenshot? 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My current XD version is 33.1.12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doctor Zoidberg,

Thank you for waiting, as per the limitations of the starter plan (https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/kb/changes-to-xd-starter-plan.ug.html ) user can publish only 1 prototype. Therefore, if your reviewer is on a starter plan and he has reached the limit, he wouldn't get an option to invite others even after having "Can share" rights.

Please ask the user to go to https://assets.adobe.com/links and delete existing links. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So what you're saying is when I send the invitation to my client she after logged in with her google account can share a link only once?

Just as a disclosure I can't ask a client to go anywhere and delete something. It's utterly crazy to ask such time investments from a client. Client should be able to share a private link, period. And this is on top of the fact that the client sees the blue buttons "Invite" that apparently she cannot use and I as the owner can see that the client has "can share" privilege that apparently isn't true. With this limitation and misleading, you're killing the whole propose of XD website and force me to use other services as InVision, Zeplin etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines