• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing Interactions between several components

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very annoying when prototyping for fully functioning apps where data can be scrolled in one section of a page and on the other sections of the page actions can be triggered by icons.

Since the scroll bar for sections is missing in XD, I have used Overlays for certain srollable portions.

However when playing the prototype on the page and other Overlays should appear on top of the page or completely other actions should be triggered - these Overlays disappear.

Since the last update the entrire prototyping is messed up anyhows... components do not work anymore, that used to, animation behavior changed for no good reason... some pages are randomly set to jump to previous page, even though I have not touched them. 

Also the app hangs every so often within a work day. 

The whole thing got buggy as hell since the last update.

Please fix ASAP. Prototyping for important customers on time is not possible this way.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

<Title renamed back by owner>

It is the performance problems and missing interactions - not the missing scroll bar that I have made a workaround for.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Missing feature , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Xandy,

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with XD. Would you mind sharing the OS and XD version of your machine? It would be really helpful if you can share a short video of the worflow for better understanding so that we can investigate about the issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't be sorry, be better! Adobe XD is awfully buggy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems like a similar question: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/2-independent-scrollbars-web-artboard/m-p/10911205

And my reply over there is also valid for your question.

You wrote: "prototyping [for] fully functioning apps", but i.m.h.o. it's not Adobe XD's intention (and probably priority) to implement all the technologies a web browser or app development framework would be able to offer you. Maybe they will, some day, but don't hold your breath for such a feature ! Fake it, design it, animate it, and let users just test a preset flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

am aware that a prototyping tool is not really able to mirror all the functionality that a development framework could.

However having components interact with eachother - a state of one component triggers a state of another, which i.m.h.o. is a must have, but still missing - and more realistic animation methods is a basic thing. At the moment animation and interaction of components are not yet in a state that one could show natural behavour in complex scenarios. And believe me, I am faking a lot of things to make the presentational stuff work.

Main fokus here was that since the last update things got messed up pretty badly. 

Even to the point that disk memory is pushed up to 100% for no good reason when using XD (have not been able to recreate the exact source of the problem yet though... think its when creating new components together with something else). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you're aware of the goal of Adobe XD. Still, Adobe calls the shots, and as far as I can tell, they prefer to spend precious development time on fixing imminent bugs with responsive design and sharing (hurray), implementing VoiceControl (for using XD itself – why bother) and drawing a heart shape ❤️ (okay, that's playful) 🙂

Let's see what tomorrow brings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

erm... would be nice if my title would not just be incorrectly renamed by some moderator... as this is not really the subject of the topic! 

The correct header would be missing interactions between several components or the likes as it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines