Highlighted

[Panel]-Color picker picks up the light color in Adobe XD.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS:バージョン10.15.1

AdobeXD:バージョン 24.1.22

スポイトで色を拾うと少し薄い色を拾っています。

Photoshopのように細かい設定がないので、この場合はどうすればよいのでしょうか。

これから、アンインストールしてからインストールを試してみます。

Translate by mod.
When I pick up the color with a dropper, I pick up a little lighter color. Since there is no detailed setting like Photoshop, what should I do in this case?
Now try uninstalling and then installing XD app.

スクリーンショット 2019-11-11 18.35.06.png

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Moderator notes
This post was written in Japanese. However, although many answers are received, there are no answers in Japanese.
This thread may be more useful globally than Japanese. and moved it from the Japanese community to the global community.

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble picking up color with the color picker which in turns picks up the light color. We would request you to please try launching your window from your native display. If that doesn’t work, you may try switching your monitor in your Display settings to sRGB.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
製品のパフォーマンス

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

[Panel]-Color picker picks up the light color in Adobe XD.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iOS:バージョン10.15.1

AdobeXD:バージョン 24.1.22

スポイトで色を拾うと少し薄い色を拾っています。

Photoshopのように細かい設定がないので、この場合はどうすればよいのでしょうか。

これから、アンインストールしてからインストールを試してみます。

Translate by mod.
When I pick up the color with a dropper, I pick up a little lighter color. Since there is no detailed setting like Photoshop, what should I do in this case?
Now try uninstalling and then installing XD app.

スクリーンショット 2019-11-11 18.35.06.png

<The title was renamed by moderator>

Moderator notes
This post was written in Japanese. However, although many answers are received, there are no answers in Japanese.
This thread may be more useful globally than Japanese. and moved it from the Japanese community to the global community.

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you are facing trouble picking up color with the color picker which in turns picks up the light color. We would request you to please try launching your window from your native display. If that doesn’t work, you may try switching your monitor in your Display settings to sRGB.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

TOPICS
製品のパフォーマンス

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 11, 2019 2
113 Replies 113
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-01-03 at 1.32.01 PM.png

Here's the example of the same #F49D54 color when I use it in Adobe XD (left) and Photoshop CC (right)

This is just one example, but because of it, every color in XD looks more saturated than in any other place, which creates a problem when exporting it to PNG and seeing how different it is to what you were working with...

PS: fun fact, I didn't experience this issue until I got a new Macbook Pro 15 with a Touch Bar (I used Macbook Pro 13 Retina from 2014 previously)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2017 3
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2017 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the lag in reply! Photoshop uses color correction/color spaces, and XD uses raw device colors.

If you're looking for color space management, you should upvote this story in UserVoice: Color Managed Application – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Thanks!

-Elaine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 06, 2017 2
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Do you know by any chance if there's a way I can affect that outside of XD, say in MacOS settings somewhere. I mean to make colors in XD less saturated (similar to Photoshop)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2017 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change your display's color space, but not for individual applications. It would be a universal setting on your machine. OS X Yosemite: Set your display’s color profile

-Elaine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this saturation thing still an issue after a year? Adobe XD is way more saturated with colors than any browser or Photoshop. Really annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2018 9
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please to add posibility to colour management at XD! We cant work correctly with colour without it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2018 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to Windows 10 so I can use Adobe XD. And now I can't even import properly a file cous' of colour difference?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely this has been fixed by now... just started using XD and my imported .ai files look really saturated....

This must be affecting more people ??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also affecting me - I wish they'd fix this as I use XD not only for UI purposes, but for logo presentations as well

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More of the same in April 2019. Whats up Adobe, got a lot of real dull websites being built on your behalf. Mad frustrating my guys...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 3
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the original answer explains, photoshop/illustrator allows you to set colour profiles which then corrects colours.  Think of it like your mac offering photoshop a colour pallet and photoshop/illustrator saying "no, ive brought my own". This isn't available in XD so the only option is to change the colour profile for the mac. Go to display settings and choose one of the sRGB profiles. Then paste your hex value into both XD and photoshop/illustrator and they should match 🙂 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XD color picker stopped working today, for some reason it is not showing any colors just a blown out picker. I am putting an example of what I am seeing below. I have tried changing all the sliders and even selected in different areas and the result is always the same.

xdCC Error.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2018 1
Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi XRave1,

Very strange issue!

Are you on Win 10?

I would suggest you first try uninstalling/reinstalling Xd and see if that works fine.

let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system is windows 10. I removed the software and reinstalled, I reinstalled a lower version still didn't work. I changed users on my system and installed it as a new user that did not work. I also used adobe cleaner to clean off anything left and still no luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 0
Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

I have escalated your case to one of our XD experts and he will be contacting you shortly after doing some research.

Thanks,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 0
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Please confirm you are unable to select any other color?

Also, try changing from Hex to RGB or gradient fill so we can understand better.

Regards,

Ankush

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use the color picker to select colors, but they do not how in the picker box. The box can change to different colors like blue, yellow however they always look blownout like you see in my pick with the red color. It never looks normal which makes it unusable for finding other colors or the colors you are looking for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What version of Windows 10 are you using? A build number is best.

2. Does rebooting do anything?

3. What graphics card do you have, and are your graphics drivers up to date from the manufacturer’s site (not from Microsoft/OS)?

We originally saw this with an Insider build of Windows 10, but it’s occasionally popped up since then.

-Elaine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise build 16299.192, rebooting doesn't change anything, neither does a full shut down or any steps I have previously listed. I am using Intel HD Graphics 530 and  NVIDIA Quandro M1000M, I also verified their drivers were up to date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for our debugging purposes, can you let us know what version of the graphics driver you have? You can get this information via “dxdiag” from the Start menu.

-Elaine

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are able to select colours. The issue is the blacks are missing from the colour picker dialogue. So it makes it hard to find the colour your looking for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 07, 2018 1
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also happening on a Quadro (M620) system. My Windows 10 OS Build is 16299.309

Quadro graphics driver is 23.21.13.9077

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been an update to this issue. Currently going through the same thing and was hoping to fix it soon.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with WIndows 10 and Quadro K5200

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. bug_colorpalete.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been experiencing the same bug ever since I started using XD over 6 months ago. It has never worked for me, is there really still no fix for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and App design without a working color picker is not really fun

Adobe XD Bug.PNG

Info.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue,

xd-color-issue-report.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have the same problem. Has been working fine for months, but now I got this instead.
Couldn't seem to find the solution anywhere.

Win 10. Ver. 1709

colorpicker.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I had that problem for about a year and was getting frustrating using the color picker.. well I clicked on the Point Sample and did not choose 3x3 or 5x5  just the normal one and it was current layer.. well i clicked "All Layers" and I finally worked.. Literally just now.. Now I am using Adobe PhotoShop Elements 12..but that might help in any of the PhotoShops..let me know if it works for you..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 04, 2019 0
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 11, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue here2019-06-27 09_56_21-Adobe XD.png

Using Windows 10 build 18362. Quadro P620

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 26, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble using a color picker in XD. I would like to know a few more details like: -

• Have you installed the latest updates to your graphics drivers? If not, please visit the manufacturer's site to check for and apply the latest updates to graphics drivers.
  • What is the version of XD you are using?

Please let me know if you have any issue with this. I'd be happy to help.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 27, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same thing.

Windows 10 Pro

Build 1909

OS Build 18383.387

Adobe XD

Version 22.7.12.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you are facing trouble with color picker in Adobe XD. Could you please confirm if this is happening with all the files or with a specific file? I would request you to please update the graphic card drivers. Please visit the manufacturer's site to check for and apply the latest updates to graphics drivers. Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening with all files including new ones.

Literally just updated to the latest nVidia drivers, version 436.48. My video card is a GeForce RTX 2080.

This issue doesn't happen with any other UWP app that has a color picker (also just checked the XAML Control Gallery and the ColorPicker sample works as expected). Looks like XD uses a custom color picker, so it doesn't appear to be a generalized UWP problem.

Hope that helps narrow down the problem because the app is very difficult to use without being able to design with colors properly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details. In order to proceed further, we will need to investigate the log files from your machine. Please generate log files using the information provided in this document <https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html> After the files have been generated, upload the files to a shared location such as Creative Cloud, and share the URL with me over a private message. Please send the URL of this forum post for reference. To send a private message, please see the instructions in the attached screenshot.

clipboard_image_0.png

Let us know if you face any issues with this. We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have the same problem!
Did you find a solution ?

It is very painful
Thanks
Sebastien

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No resolution yet. Haven't heard back from Adobe support after sending the log files.

Even the recent new version exhibits the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay I find myself really stuck on my projects. It's completely crazy this situation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 09, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this. Having the same exact issue.

nvidia drivers are updated

2080ti 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 10, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am disgusted and angry. I reinstalled my pc to fix the problem. 

It did not work, the palette under XD does not work.

Always the same bug !!!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry that you are facing trouble. We have a similar discusion going on here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Adobe-XD/Color-picker-picks-up-the-light-color-in-Adobe-XD-in-macOS-1...

This is the bug that the team is tracking with apple. Please try the workaround solution mentioned in the above mentioned post. Let us know if that helps.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, these are 2 different issues. The Japanese user is having issues with color profiles. Also, I am using a windows machine.

My issue is that the color picker isn't showing black which is unrelated to color profiles.

The first image shows how my color picker looks currently. It should look like the 2nd image below this.

missing.pngcolors.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2019 0
Enthusiast ,
Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this still broken nearly two years later? I'm using win10 and have the same blown out color picker.

Win10-v2004 :: i7-9700 :: 64GB + m.2 :: Nvidia 2070 8GB>__________________________________________
Win10-1809 :: i7-9700 :: 64GB + m.2 :: Nvidia 2070 8GB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I had the same issue. I'm using an Nvidia Geforce 1070ti with the latest nvidia driver. 

My issue was that the nvidia driver was faulty. I checked it by disabling it in the device manager. 

After I confirmed it was the Nvidia driver at fault i removed it using DDU utility (Just google it) normal uninstall won't work. 

Than i installed the latest Nvidia driver from nvidia website and it worked!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you notice, there's a slight color variance of the color that gets applied from the color that was picked. Going back to the original color adjusts the applied color again. This can be repeated over and over. The colors picked are not the same as what is applied.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2019 3
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for verifying! I thought it was just me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for other users to verify!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2019 1
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Seems even worse than yours sometimes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Adobe staff even looking at these issues? Where else do I report this bug?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently they're understaffed and overworked or just aren't prioritizing XD.  What a shame.  This could be such an amazing tool, but the number of bugs and missing features and lack of support is so disappointing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines