• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

quick questions about XD fonts support languages

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there, might be a stupid question....

but is there a way to switch the font in the XD from English layout to Russian keyboard layout? so that the cyrillic letters will look correct according to the font glyphs 🙂

thank you in advance!:)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Madienn,

Thank you for reaching out. If I heard you right, it looks like you want to change the language of XD. 

here are the steps that may help:- 

• In XD, select Help > Language, and choose the language from the menu.
  • Quit XD and relaunch it.

Please let me know if that helps. 

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, I'm okay with English for interface language... just want to change the language of the fonts that I'm using to Russian 🙂 to look as they should 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to type in any language in XD (as long as your OS supports it). Can you type in Russian in other software on your machine? If so you can do the same in XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there! I can type in any language, that's not the issue...the issue is some fonts have Russian layout with cyrrilic letters - which have to appear right in the XD, but the XD doesn't support language for different fonts and so the font is changed to Arial to Myraid ... in order to display the cyrrilic letters 🙂 my questions is how do I "turn on" the language of the font I want to use (knowing that the font has this option in all other Adobe products and it works) 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My XD displays Russian in Ariel (or any other font that has Cyrillic) without doing anything special, so not sure why you can't use Russian in your XD...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2024 Feb 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

TheFeverLab26521293rg9b_0-1707298611884.png

I think I managed to explain what the problem is and I also need a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines