• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record Video gets black screenin XD version(22.1.12.5) on macOS.

Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I'm having problem with recording function. Whenever I click share -> record video, I get black screen. Does anyone else have the same problem and found a solution for it? It used to work fine for me pre-August update. Not sure when it stopped working though.

XD CC 22.1.12.5

Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 5.13.45 PM.png

The Title was edited by Moderator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear you're facing trouble using recording function in XD. We haven't seen any cases regarding this so far. We would like to know a few more details like: -

• Are you using dual monitors?
  • Is it happening with all the recording or just this one?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

I'm using iMac 27-inch, Late 2012. No dual monitor.

I can use Desktop Preview then record from there, but Share -> Record Video I get the black screen every time.

If I load up another XD file (i.e. UI Kit from Apple), the recording screen might show properly initially but as soon as I click anything, it goes black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is an issue I am experiencing as well. Not using dual monitors, using Macbook running OS Mojave 10.14. It happens regardless of XD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is using the dedicated button at the bottom of the Share drop down. If you click Record Video there it is black. The way around it is to do a Share for Review - and then click the record button there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't have a record option when "share for review". Do I have to select certain people to view it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines