• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select fill color in XD

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add to XD select fill color and select stroke color like in illustrator.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fill and Border colour selectors are there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Kenneth said, these features are available in XD, but they do not have the same visual representation. Please go through the article below and let us know if you have any questions.

Learn to set stroke, fill, and drop shadow for objects in Adobe XD.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt mean to set a fill color to an object. But "select all the same fill color objects". Like in illustrator it is Select > Same > Fill color.

I hope you have an option for that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add the colour to Assets. Then you can select the colour in the Assets pane > Highlight on Canvas to see all the colour instances, and > Edit to change the all the colour instances to a different colour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many many thanks Kenneth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to hide / select / group all the highlighted items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently i'm importing my iconography from an external cloud document, every icon is a component. When adjusting the color in my assets panel after applying it to the icon the color doesn't change. Is there a workaround i'm not seeing ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do ungroup component then edit it as a local element

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would disregard the whole point of a component such as that within a design system. But thank you for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can change the colour of an linked component instance no problem, if that's what you're trying to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my structure for every apptool.

If i give 'regular' or atom-tool-icon' or 'icon/app/math tool' a colour from my assets panel it will not update upon change.

If i give the linked component 'icn/app/math tool' a colour it will trickle down in it's structure and indeed colour all the paths that are underlying in that component, but yet again upon colour edit in my assets panel, it will not update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also true in simpler structures, for example the imported icon without parents. If recolor any layer all child layers will inherit the colour but adjusting the asset colour doesn't reflect upon the linked component in the document.

For reference, my icon components have this structure:

Icon-component
- content
--icon
---artworkfolder
----artworkpaths
--bounding/spacingboxfolder
---boundingbox-component

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to update a colour of an instance of a linked component by editing the colour in the Assets panel - is this what you are after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the colour in the Assets panel and do Highlight on Canvas, you get "0 objects use this color" message, right? That sounds like a bug, doesn't it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly! Thank you for verifying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines