Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

States in linked assets workspace

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm working for a library of assets for my work. I have one workspace with all components i created, and one with my tests linked to the first.

On one components (we'll take a default text input for example), i made multiple state like "with errors", "with success", "no label", "no placeholder" ...

The main state of this components is a basic input with label and placeholder. So, on my other states, the text in there will automatically update if i change the default text on my main state. PERFECT !

But, if i save it, go to my test workspace, update my assets, and include this input on this workspace, and if i try to change the default text on my main state, the text on the other states, will not update, and keep the text of the linked assets components.

It there a way to do it or i have to manually change all texts of all states in my test workspace ?

Thanks by advance if you can light e on this subject !

TOPICS
How to , Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

..Overridden properties are always preserved, even if you edit the same property from the master component. 

Please review https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/components.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..Overridden properties are always preserved, even if you edit the same property from the master component. 

Please review https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/components.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, they dont.

i.e. from my latest work - when i modify my master component that is linked to main.xd file from design-system.xd, let's say...i will add new state, XD resets text in all buttons (in this this example they were buttons).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines