• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toggle layout grid function in shared XD link is missing...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layout-Grid-Toggle.jpg

I'm sharing an XD file for development and have always had the ability to allow for my dev team to toggle on and off the grid that I am using. I updated XD yesterday and the entire share experience is different... I am no longer seeing the ability to toggle the grid and this is a HUGE issue for our team. 

Does anyone have any guidance - what am I missing? I am hoping this important feature was not omitted in the recent update. I've attached an image of the development panel before and after updating XD. Please help.

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Hi Toby,

Thanks for reaching out. We do have an option to toggle the layout grid in a shared prototype link. If you have added a layout grid in design mode then once you create a link for development you will need to click on View specs icon on the right and then you will be able to see the option to toggle layout grid. For more information you can refer to the screenshot:

Togglelayoutgrid.PNG

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

So I discovered that you have to ENABLE layout grid in XD before creating or updating your link. If you don't, it's not included in the dev handoff link. You have to get in the habit every time you update the link too or it disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I have spent the past 2 hours in chat with Adobe support and I am no further ahead... I actually found out because I opened the cloud file in the new version of XD (v24) that I am no longer able to open the file in v23... v23 has this toggle layout grid functionality and for some god-forsaken reason it was removed in the update. 

I am now not able to share this file and show the grid without manually going in and creating shapes to represent my layout grid on each artboard. You can also view all of your previous versions of your file saved on the cloud... but cannot download them. THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! It might be time for sketch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MForsher,

I certainly understand your frustration about this.I'd like to inform you that we are aware of this issue and team has already started working on it. I'd keep you posted on this same. 

I'd definitely like to help you out with the versioing issue. Would you mind sharing more details about it? What's the challenge that you are having while loading the cloud document. Please share the workflow and screenshot/GIF/Short video if possible, so that we may have better understanding of the situation. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul, 

Thank you for reaching out. I have a short video regarding this issue, however, I would prefer not to post on this thread as it has images of current projects that I am working on that should not be posted in a public forum. Is there a way I can share the link to the Loom video outside of this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm checking in if there has been an update. This is a critcal feature and I'm frustrated to see that after over 7 months it still hasn't been addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toby,

Thanks for reaching out. We do have an option to toggle the layout grid in a shared prototype link. If you have added a layout grid in design mode then once you create a link for development you will need to click on View specs icon on the right and then you will be able to see the option to toggle layout grid. For more information you can refer to the screenshot:

Togglelayoutgrid.PNG

Let us know if this helps, or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on getting this turned back on? I thought I was crazy but this really is a HUGE mistake on the last update and it needs to get fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kent,

I am sorry for the frustration. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end on windows machine. I am getting the option to toggle the Layout grid in development link as shown by Rishabh in his post. Could you please share a short video of your workflow for better understanding? Please share the screenshot of your about XD info page.

I will try my best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing it either!
Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 9.07.46 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I discovered that you have to ENABLE layout grid in XD before creating or updating your link. If you don't, it's not included in the dev handoff link. You have to get in the habit every time you update the link too or it disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you are able to figure out the problem. Yes, you need to republish with layout grids turned on in order to get this option to show up again.

Please let us know if you still experience the issue with XD in future.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines