Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import SVG assets since last update in Adobe XD

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Anyone else experiencing problems importing SVG-files since the last update? I'm trying to import icons from Font Awesome, but all of them result in the error message:

There was a problem importing your SVG asset because it contains invalid SVG markup.

However, I've been able to import these files prior to the latest update, so something seems to have happened. I've never experienced these problems before. I've also ran the files through a validator and they all pass without any failures.

Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Is this file in a shared network folder or something? Try to put these SVG files in your local machine (desktop or download folder) and try again. I was having this same problem and solved importing them from my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. I tested this on the latest version of XD which is 37.0.32 and I was able to import an SVG so could you please share a few more details like:

1. The version of XD and OS.
  2. Is this happening with a specific file or multiple files?
  3. There are certain limitations while importing SVG, for more information, please refer to this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/import-export-issues.html#SVG-files-with-unsupported-properties and check if that's not the case.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely!

1. I'm using XD 37.0.32 and my OS is Windows 10 Enterprise (18363.1316).

2. It's happening with multiple files. I mentioned icon files from Font Awesome, but I've tried with other SVG-files as well to see if the problem was related to the icons, but nothing works. I get the same error message for every file I try.

And as I mentioned, I have been able to import them prior to updating to the latest version. This error started to occur yesterday after the update (but could of course be related to something else).

3. Yeah, I've read that page. Since I've been able to import these files earlier I doubt there's anything "wrong" with them.

I'll continue to search for a solution on my end, hopefully something else is causing this to occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague of mine has now updated to the latest version of XD and she was able to import the svg-files. We're on the same network and we use the same kind of computer and OS, so the problem seems to be mine. It's very strange since I haven't changed anything, but I'll just have to continue to search for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We would like to follow up on your issue here. Are you still experiencing the with XD 37.1 version or it has been resolved? I would also suggest you to try on a different machine as see if the problem persists on another machine.

Please let us know if you further assistance from us.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harshika,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I am still experiencing this issue with the 37.1 version of XD. I won't be able to try on a different machine as of now, since it's a computer from my workplace and I don't have access to another one working from home.

However, I've been able to find a workaround to the issue. It's very weird, but it works. I found out that for some reason it's possible to import SVG-files from my Downloads-folder. From any other folder I've tried the error message show up saying that there's a problem with the file. So when I need to import a svg-file into an artboard I now copy it to my downloads folder and then it works.

My colleague can still import these files without any problems at all and she's using the same kind of computer, same network, same version of XD and OS. This makes me think the problem is either connected to my account or that something specific has changed on my computer, but that feels unlikely since I can't change any admin settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this file in a shared network folder or something? Try to put these SVG files in your local machine (desktop or download folder) and try again. I was having this same problem and solved importing them from my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please adobe, can you fix it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines