Highlighted

Unable to open the UI Kit in windows 10 machine.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first discovered Adobe XD I just downloaded Apple iOS UI Kit from a Google Drive link. I was designing iOS apps. I started to create apps for macOS and icons and other important stuff is not in the iOS Kit of course. So I tried to download Apple macOS UI Kit from the original Apple Developers website ( https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/ ). I downloaded it. After there was an option "open file with" I searched for Adobe XD. But I could'nt find it. I tried to search it in my pc folders. But I couldn't find it again. I tried to open file with Adobe Illustrator and it worked. So I tried to change the app to XD. But there was no option again. I downloaded kit 100 times but it always downloaded Illustrator file. So now I can't do anything with it. I don't know what to do now. Please help me to fix it. 😞

PS: It happens in every .dmg file.

(I'm using Windows 10)

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Download install and licensing, Open and save docs, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open the UI Kit in windows 10 machine.

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I first discovered Adobe XD I just downloaded Apple iOS UI Kit from a Google Drive link. I was designing iOS apps. I started to create apps for macOS and icons and other important stuff is not in the iOS Kit of course. So I tried to download Apple macOS UI Kit from the original Apple Developers website ( https://developer.apple.com/design/resources/ ). I downloaded it. After there was an option "open file with" I searched for Adobe XD. But I could'nt find it. I tried to search it in my pc folders. But I couldn't find it again. I tried to open file with Adobe Illustrator and it worked. So I tried to change the app to XD. But there was no option again. I downloaded kit 100 times but it always downloaded Illustrator file. So now I can't do anything with it. I don't know what to do now. Please help me to fix it. 😞

PS: It happens in every .dmg file.

(I'm using Windows 10)

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Download install and licensing, Open and save docs, Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are facing issues while using UIkit. If you've downloaded the apple macOS file then it would have been downloaded in .dmg format instead of .exe format. As you are using windows 10 machine then it's a high possiblity that dmg file won't open. 

However, you may try going to this location:-

• C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\
  • You will have to provide yourself with Read permissions to this folder to be able to access its contents.
  • Then add Adobe XD in the "Open With" list.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 22, 2020 0