Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo or CTRL+Z not working at XD

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2017 Jun 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I am creating a new project at windows platform. It starts good but after 2 hours later undo option had become disable and ctrl+z is not working .

Any suggestion or help please !

Thanks in Advance

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Comments forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Make sure you have the windows 10 creator update applied to your computer, this solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Hi there,

I understand it could be annoying and sorry for the trouble that you're facing with undo function not working. Here are some steps that may help.

• SaveAs to a new file.
  • Remove any items you added before the copy/paste
  • Make edits to the master component
  • Remove items from the instances you don’t wish to see the edit.

Please let me know if this works for you. I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Reinstall the Xd app then it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't heard of this one previously. Does it happen all the time on all files, or just a few?

Also, are you on the latest version of XD that was released yesterday?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since I updated today I cant use cntrl Z .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's same in my XD in Windows and Mac Platform. Maybe it's because of using any weird keyboard shortcut. Regularly relaunching program helps. But one of my files have bugged completely, "Undo" option don't work even after relaunch. Some other shortcuts don't work on one artboard too, I don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens every 5 minutes for me so i have to close, and reopen Xd it's the most frustrating thing, version is up to date and everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years later I still get that issue. Everything works fine at the start but after 30-60 mins I can't use UNDO anymore. I have to realod the app which is extremely annoying because I'm left with the thing I tried to UNDO. How is this still not fixed? I'm starting to regret I went back to XD from Figma. At least things worked there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. We have logged a bug for the issue and our Engineering team is working on a fix. You'll surely see an improvement in future releases. We're so sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, 

When will this be fixed? It appears this issue has been happening now for 4 years (that I can see in other people's posts), and it is still a problem.  I have the latest version of XD, system updates all done, everything else works perfectly, but undo becomes disabled after only a few minutes of working in the app, which is slowing down my workflow. Having to start something over completely any time I make a mistake or just don't like something makes a 5-minute task take considerably longer. PLEASE, find a fix to this issue quickly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by pressing delete we can undo, weird but its working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have the windows 10 creator update applied to your computer, this solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, updating to Windows 10 creator didn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I think that this is just a correlation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have this problem too !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on creators update and Ctrl+Z not working for me after the latest XD Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem that I can't use Ctrl+Z, but on a mac. Is there any solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try minimize and then maximize  the xd window maybe can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is happening for me too. No ctrl+z, no ctrl+y. also, there is no command option listed in a menu for this in case shortcuts dont work. really basic features for any program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give example steps that stop Ctrl-Z from working? Meanwhile, right-click anywhere to choose Undo (it's the first item in the menu, Redo is next).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2018 Oct 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems to happen after saving for some of us. And for others, it seems like certain symbols get corrupted and we can't move them around anymore, or when we try to edit them, the other instances of that symbol won't update anymore. Then we cannot undo what we did, not even by right-clicking and choosing Undo. Do you want the file to replicate it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, i dont understand how the undo command works here. it's not a regular undo, that's for sure. Now that i've found the option in the right click menu (very unintuitive place) it just doesnt seem to work how one would expect.

Last thing that happened a couple of minutes ago was, I pressed several times ctrl + z  and didnt notice any change until i realize it was undoing things in a different artboard. weird. Sometimes it undo things but not from the las thing i did. its hard to explain because it doesnt make sense. i think Adobe guys should really take a look at the whole undo process because it's very fundamental and it doesn't work well. it's the most critical thing i've found in the program. maybe a way to access the history would be great too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens for me as well.

Mac, latest OS, latest Adobe XD version. No way to troubleshoot the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually I'm change to other opened software or go to over Adobe XD, and reenter the Adobe XD. but this is not the right answer, I hope some one can tell us to fix this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens for me also - it must be happening to a large amount of users by the looks of things.  I generally find XD quite buggy - like saving it and re-opening the next day to find work all messed up, or pushing changes to a symbol only for the wrong changes to be pushed.  This bug in question, not being able to Ctrl+Z is very frustrating as I can't undo a mistake.

Please don't ask to tell the steps.  It's quite simple:

Press Ctrl+Z - expected outcome, step is undone. Actual outcome, nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this bug also. Infuriating.

Mac OSX 10.14.1 - newest version of XD

Never had this problem before. If I save the file, close and reopen the issue is resolved. It seems to happen after a period of time, and is not systematic.

Only having the issue on a single (larger) file with a lot of artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Ocurred when you have a component created in 'active' tab and try duplicate it using key alt. CTRL + Z, CTRL + C, CTRL + V, Alt and others key shortcuts stop working.

Is necessary restart AdobeXD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines