Highlighted

Undo & Redo Disabled

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The undo and redo functions are disabled.  Can't seem to find a way to turn them back on.

Vic,

I was unable to use either function regardless what action was taken.  ie. after I drew a rectangle: the undo function was still disabled.  An old fashioned reboot this morning has seem to resolve my issue.

Thanks for your quick response.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Undo & Redo Disabled

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The undo and redo functions are disabled.  Can't seem to find a way to turn them back on.

Vic,

I was unable to use either function regardless what action was taken.  ie. after I drew a rectangle: the undo function was still disabled.  An old fashioned reboot this morning has seem to resolve my issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric -

Can you give us some more information about what you're seeing?

Generally, as soon as you do an operation, the Undo menu item will be enabled, and will change to

something more specific - like after creating a rectangle, it will say "Undo Draw Rectangle".

- Vic

Adobe XD Team

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vic,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric -

That's strange, but I'm glad it's working for you now. We'll keep our eyes open for anything that could cause such a problem.

Cheers,

Vic

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. Came here to check for a solution. I'm going to do a reboot and see what happens.

EDIT:
Rebooting worked for me as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a pain to have to do this every time.

Reboot fixes it for a short while. Is there a long term fix? I can't use it like this. I didn't have the problem with the previous version of XD

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really strange, and I'm sorry to hear about it.

What version of XD are you running now?

Vic

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there, I have the same issue, I am currently using the latest XD version and am working on windows 10.

I know it's kinda been a year later, But I hope you can help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here: I cannot press the undo or redo buttons.

Document is 1.7mb, 44 screens, XD v7.0.12

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I have a few symbols created that won't update/propagate either. Feels like the file could be corrupt? Creating a new copied file helps for a bit, doing some testing now.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I am unable to do an UNDO or REDO with the latest Adobe XD update. This is not getting resolved with multiple reboots as well and my symbols dont update as well across canvases.

I use a Macbook Pro and my Adobe XD CC is 10.0.12.9, Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6

Please advice!

Thanks,

Anantha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - worked to start with, now it's not feasible. Really frustrating. Such a basic facility that should function correctly.

@VickMitnik the friendly assistant who replied to the OP seems to have disappeared... anyone out there with a fix that doesn't involve a reboot?!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try switching focus away from Adobe XD and then getting back to XD? Let us know if that worked. We are tracking this bug here. Copy Paste / Undo Redo are disabled – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡Hi!

We continue to have this issue. It is not always possible to reboot the system as I run several other programs. I prefer to continue working risking myself to not being able to undo my last changes. It also affect functionality on copy/paste with shortcuts (CTRL+C, CTRL+V). It simply does not paste the item.

Running version 9.0.12.19 over Windows 10 Pro 1803.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that happens when I open a Sketch file in XD. The Undo and Redo option becomes disabled.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Thank you for reaching out with your observation. I'd like to know the few more details like:

• The OS and XD version of your machine.
  • Are you able to copy and paste smoothly?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines