• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo & Redo Disabled

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The undo and redo functions are disabled.  Can't seem to find a way to turn them back on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Vic,

I was unable to use either function regardless what action was taken.  ie. after I drew a rectangle: the undo function was still disabled.  An old fashioned reboot this morning has seem to resolve my issue.

Thanks for your quick response.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric -

Can you give us some more information about what you're seeing?

Generally, as soon as you do an operation, the Undo menu item will be enabled, and will change to

something more specific - like after creating a rectangle, it will say "Undo Draw Rectangle".

- Vic

Adobe XD Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vic,

I was unable to use either function regardless what action was taken.  ie. after I drew a rectangle: the undo function was still disabled.  An old fashioned reboot this morning has seem to resolve my issue.

Thanks for your quick response.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric -

That's strange, but I'm glad it's working for you now. We'll keep our eyes open for anything that could cause such a problem.

Cheers,

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem. Came here to check for a solution. I'm going to do a reboot and see what happens.

EDIT:
Rebooting worked for me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a pain to have to do this every time.

Reboot fixes it for a short while. Is there a long term fix? I can't use it like this. I didn't have the problem with the previous version of XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really strange, and I'm sorry to hear about it.

What version of XD are you running now?

Vic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there, I have the same issue, I am currently using the latest XD version and am working on windows 10.

I know it's kinda been a year later, But I hope you can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here: I cannot press the undo or redo buttons.

Document is 1.7mb, 44 screens, XD v7.0.12

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I have a few symbols created that won't update/propagate either. Feels like the file could be corrupt? Creating a new copied file helps for a bit, doing some testing now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I am unable to do an UNDO or REDO with the latest Adobe XD update. This is not getting resolved with multiple reboots as well and my symbols dont update as well across canvases.

I use a Macbook Pro and my Adobe XD CC is 10.0.12.9, Creative Cloud Sync 3.0.3.6

Please advice!

Thanks,

Anantha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - worked to start with, now it's not feasible. Really frustrating. Such a basic facility that should function correctly.

@VickMitnik the friendly assistant who replied to the OP seems to have disappeared... anyone out there with a fix that doesn't involve a reboot?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try switching focus away from Adobe XD and then getting back to XD? Let us know if that worked. We are tracking this bug here. Copy Paste / Undo Redo are disabled – Adobe XD Feedback : Feature Requests & Bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

¡Hi!

We continue to have this issue. It is not always possible to reboot the system as I run several other programs. I prefer to continue working risking myself to not being able to undo my last changes. It also affect functionality on copy/paste with shortcuts (CTRL+C, CTRL+V). It simply does not paste the item.

Running version 9.0.12.19 over Windows 10 Pro 1803.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2019 Jul 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice that happens when I open a Sketch file in XD. The Undo and Redo option becomes disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

Thank you for reaching out with your observation. I'd like to know the few more details like:

• The OS and XD version of your machine.
  • Are you able to copy and paste smoothly?

Awaiting your response.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm facing the same issue right now, and it happened suddenly!
I restarted my Mac several times, and restarted Adobe XD too and it is still not doing Copy/Paste or Undo/Redo.

Could anybody help please? I'm not being able to work anymore!

Thanks

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandra,

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble using Copy/Paste or Undo/Redo in Adobe XD on mac. We'd like to know a few more details like:

• Could you please share the OS and XD version of your machine?
  • Is it happening with all the files or with a specific file?

We'd also like to confirm if you've tried the suggestion mentioned by Preran and share the results with us.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Harshika,

My Adobe XD version: 21.2.12.3

My MacBook Pro specs:

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Processor: 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics: Radeon Pro 455 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

I tried to un-install XD and re-install the older version, it didnt work; so I re-installed the "21.2.12.3" again, and now the "Copy-paste" is working sometimes on some components but it is still not working some other times and on other components... The "undo/redo" is not working at all.

yes, this is happening with all files.

Also i noticed now that even the "Save" is not working continuously.

yes I tried Preran suggestion and it didn't work.

Thanks

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i figured out now that the "save" is working only after I change any artboard's name; other than that, and no matter how i made changes on the file, the "save" remains disabled unless i change the name of any artboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Any news please about these issues?

Thanks

Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am STILL seeing this bug in adobe acrobat. Undo and Redo not working. No way to fix it. 

Elislater_0-1587085552085.png

How is a 4 year old bug still causing havoc like this to acrobat users worldwide? 

PLEASE fix this problem.

Additionally, the 'Add note to replace text' tool is automatically set to 'locked' which means I have to go into the comment preferences and unlock it before I can delete it. 

adobe locked comments 1.pngadobe locked comments 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was posted in 2016 and is STILL an issue. Why has this not been fixed Adobe? Restarted the software and it's working now. How does it take so many years to fix something that's so broken? I just lost 4 hours of work and unlike in the past, I can switch to Figma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here. My MacOS is Big Sur and I've updated the XD to the latest version. Finally switching to Figma now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, Big Sur and latest Adobe XD. Rebooting the software (not the computer) does indeed fix it, but is hardly ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm dealing with this currently. Restarting the computer does nothing. Redownloading premiere does nothing. Updated graphics card and windows and still nothing. Going to try downloading an older version of premiere pro and see if it does something...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines