• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating XD Components in Libraries

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on a design system for a large company.  I got the components, how to make the edits on the master components but I cannot get it to up-date in the library.

Ex.: I want to release to one team just certain components and drag them to a Library.  I share the Library with the team. I get feedback that we want to make a revision on one of the components.  I can make that change to the original master components but the changes cannot be automatically updated in the Library.  So, all the dependant files from the other teams are not updated.

I do not want to share the XD document because there are so many elements.  If the other teams load ALL elements the assets and components get very messy and hard to find.  I can also not organize the components to keep them well organized in the Asset Panels for subfolders.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2019 Dec 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nathalie,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. If i heard you right, it looks like you wanted to sync the components with the libraries so that the changes made in component automatically reflected in XD.

However, the component instances are not linked to the component in your Creative Cloud Library. So the changes you make to the master component in your XD document will not affect the component stored in your Creative Cloud Libraries. For more info, please see this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/xd/help/cc-libraries-xd.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines