• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Workaround solution] Copy paste not working on XD - both keyboard shortcuts or mouse options Win10

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a weird issue I have been facing with XD on Windows since Sep last year. Copy-paste simply stops working using both keyboard shortcuts (ctrl+c & ctrl+v) and the mouse right click. Attempting to copy makes XD unresponsive. It takes about 5-10 mins for XD to become responsive again. But paste doesnt work even after that. This happens when tring to copy anything - text, objects, artboards etc. I can still copy-paste assets for Illustrator to XD (although this has its own weird copy issue).
I tried many options listed in the XD community as well as the usual clean re-install. The main issue seems to be related to the windows UWP app framework.
[the solution] - the process rdpclip.exe in windows needs to be restarted if copy-paste stops working. Method to do that is in the following link -
https://windowsreport.com/copy-paste-windows-10-problems/

Another link I had come across while looking for a fix to this copy-paste issue.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/paste-doesn-t-work/td-p/9064688?page=2

The question posed by Peter on whether the other UWP apps also face the copy paste issue got me digging into more articles on copy paste issues in windows 10. Which led me to the rdpclip.exe option.

For now copy paste seems to be working normally. If it gets stuck I restart rdpclip.exe and copy-paste works again.

My setup -

Windows Surface Book 2 - i7-8650U @ 1.9GHz and 16 GB RAM
OS Windows 10 Enterprise - version 1909 Build 18363.836
XD version 29.0.32.13

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumeet,

Thank you for reaching out and sorry to hear you are having trouble copy pasting in XD. I am unable to reproduce the same at my end on windows machine. I really appreciate your efforts in sharing the solution that worked for you. This will definitely help our customers having the similar issue.

I will also share the solution with the team to investigate on the solution that worked for you.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines