• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD error "This was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it."

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, I cannot open the file in the document cloud. XD error "This was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it.". Although I have installed the latest version, I have tried to delete and reinstall, but it still cannot work. XD version : 27.2.12

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, need to be fixed asap!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I can open the file on ios but not on the laptop. It won't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the delay in response. I would like to follow up if the issue has been resolved on the current verison of XD (28.9) or if you still need assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm having the same problem, but am on version 29.2.32.

I have tried un-installing and re-installing XD, but get the same error: 

This was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it.

Please advise urgently as we cant access any of our work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 

Created a doc on XD desktop v28.9.12.2, shared editing with others via the beta feature.  tried to reopen and :

This was created with a newer version of Adobe XD. Please update Adobe XD to open it.

CC says "XD is up to date" but I see XD v31 is live now.  Can't seem to find download or get CC to acknowledge an upgrade is out there. Meanwhile cant access any of my files. 😞

bgskan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pure Commerce and Bgskan,

We are sorry to hear you are having trouble opening the XD file. It looks like you both have the older version of XD and it asking you to update XD to 31.2 version. In order to update XD, you can sign out of XD and Creative Cloud, restart the machine and then sign back in. Check for updates in Creative Cloud desktop app and see if you are able to see any updates.

If that doesn't help, please try the steps from this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Creative Cloud says I'm up to date (31.2.12.4), I have opened another file from the same person 2 weeks ago. And some company files from as far as 6months ago give me the same error message.
Now, I'm working on a Mac while the files in question were created and worked on a PC, so though I wonder if Xd on PC might be ahead of the Mac version, it still doesn't explain why I get the error for older files.

This kind of issue combined with some usability ones makes it very unpleasant to work with Xd. I have worked on Sketch and Figma previously and Xd seems sooooo far behind and limiting that there's no way I'd consider using it if I didn't have too ><

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patience will pay off! Thanks again Adobe, NASDAQ, Behance and many other helpful Apps to make a service possible! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. How do i slove it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. If you still experience a similar issue-

Feel free to update the discussion if your need further assistance.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have the same problem but these steps that you mentioned didnt fixed my problem! my friend and i using the same version (41.1.12) and we couldn't launch each others files because of that error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am having the seam problem. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fixes suggested are not working. PLease help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just go to Creative Cloud Desktop and just update Adobe XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines