Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD won't open and crashes on Mac OS Catalina latest version 10.15.7

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a bit annoyed to be quite honest. It takes a lot for me to decide to post a question on a forum since usually one can find the solution on the internet . Having said the previous, I haven't found the solution to my problem. Not only Illustrator doesn't work (I already posted elsewhere in the forum), XD doesn't either. I am paying for this service, yet these two programs don't work (PS, Dreamweaver and After Effect do work). I have wasted multiple hours trying to get this two programs to work, meantime Adobe will certainly charge me again by the end of the month. 

The reason why I am posting is because XD will not open. The icon appears at the bottom of my screen and then disappears, eventually showing a message stating that "Adobe quit unexpectedly". Needless to say that my OS is up-to-date (Catalina version 10.15.7) and XD's version is the latest, since I have installed it and uninstalled it a thousand times already (even tried my luck with older versions with no positive results). I am also NOT using a second screen, which  I was before, but decided not to use it when attempting to fix this issue, as apparently that could be a problem. Below is the message I received when it crashes:

Process: Adobe XD [7189]
Path: /Applications/Adobe XD/Adobe XD.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe XD
Identifier: Adobe XD
Version: 33.1.12.4 (33.1.12.4)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: Adobe XD [7189]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2020-10-02 12:53:52.405 +0200
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.7 (19H2)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: BEA3FDC7-5BED-9711-781D-48523FC8EEDF

Time Awake Since Boot: 3100 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 SpMainThread Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [7189]

There is more stuff after, but I think this should do the job in terms of describing the issue. Please let me know if you can help me, this is quite frustrating and I have a deadline I need to meet. 

Thank you,

J. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorge,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. To investigate this further, could you please collect and share system logs by following the steps shared here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Meanwhile, could you please also try the suggestions shared here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/adobe-xd-crashing-on-macos-catalina/m-p/11030758?page=1#M266...

Let us know if the suggestion shared in the above discussion helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I created a new user on my Mac Pro and installed the software there. In fact, besides installing XD, I also installed Illustrator, which also wasn't working properly. Much to my surprise, XD worked after installed. So the issue is related with my current/regular user. It is a bit of a hassle to be switching users often. Have you heard of this behavior? what options do I have so that it works also in my custom/regular user on my Mac? Btw, PhotoShop does work fine with my current/regular user as well as After Effects.

Thank you,

J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines