Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

What program do you use? I know what to do to get started with Flash CS5.5, but I'm less familiar with Flash Builder 4.5.

Hopefully there will be a slicker way to get going, but for now, if you're using Flash CS5.5, go into the application folder and rename the folder "AIR2.6" as "AIR2.6old", and copy the expanded 2.7 SDK folder into the application folder, and rename it "AIR2.6". That's enough for you to build AIR 2.7 apps for iOS or Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please explain to me how to install the new 2.7 sdk the correct way?  I don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program do you use? I know what to do to get started with Flash CS5.5, but I'm less familiar with Flash Builder 4.5.

Hopefully there will be a slicker way to get going, but for now, if you're using Flash CS5.5, go into the application folder and rename the folder "AIR2.6" as "AIR2.6old", and copy the expanded 2.7 SDK folder into the application folder, and rename it "AIR2.6". That's enough for you to build AIR 2.7 apps for iOS or Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2011 Jun 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great that it is there, but to me I can't see a difference, performancewise... The GPU rendering now screws up the complete view of the app and CPU gains no performance speed. Rotation a view also gets even slower and it is really sad, that it seems that they didn't change the general problems with that (changing the orientation of a device leads to a strange and not native looking rotation).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a fair test you would want to remove any optimizations you've done, and use CPU mode. If you still have a lot of the performance boosting techniques, those will work against you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does this update finaly help video playback?not having to use StageWebView anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. FLV playback is amazingly good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines