• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe AIR 2017 Roadmap

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2016, Chris Campbell reached out to developers through the Starling community to create wishlist for AIR in 2016.  That worked out pretty well.  However, there has no followup this year.

What can we expect from Adobe and the AIR runtime for 2017?  As the landscape continues to change, many of us rely on Adobe's commitment to AIR.

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Hi guys,

We're working on our 2017 and beyond roadmap, using the Starling thread that Daniel created and refreshed this year for inspiration.  I'll post back to the thread with our thoughts, but encourage those that haven't visited to take a look and see if any of the recent suggestions are appealing or provide feedback for items that haven't been posted.

http://forum.starling-framework.org/topic/air-in-2016-survey-and-christmas-tale/page/7

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, well if you base your speculation about the future of AIR on what's relevant to YOU only then I can see why AIR's future is always bright to YOU. Meanwhile in the real world things are not looking too good ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's the way I do.

My first Flex application was built for FP (more than 5 years ago).

I never used FP again, so I don't care about FP and I don't participate on FP forum

I also don't care about FB.

The only thing that I still care is AIR

Perhaps someday the development of AIR stops (meanwhile the famous .NET Framework already stoped, perhaps many other famous frameworks stop to).

If one day I move to another runtime (will not be because of specualitions), I will not participate more on this forum, but seems that you have to much free time, so I congratulate you on the luck you have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure on which planet you live but .NET of course has not stopped and shows no sign of stopping in the next few years let alone next decade. I won't expand on your delusion that YOU not using FB somehow makes FB not relevant about anything ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's irrelevant for ME.

.NET Framework (full) is/will stop but you perhaps don't know iet

The imature/baby .NET Core have all the full attention now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

.NET core is nothing but the next generation of .NET framework, they are the 2 faces of the same coin, you are comparing apples and oranges .... This is madness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have not been removed. Don't spread misinformation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People are reporting those 2 apps are not available in creative clouds anymore, if installed they are present with the option to uninstall, if you uninstall they are gone, if you have never installed those apps they are not listed there anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both the apps are still there, you just need to enable the option "show older apps" within Preferences > Creative Cloud > Apps > Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Flash Builder and Scout are still options in the Creative Cloud apps list, even if the online links are hard to find."

Source: 2018 Roadmap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines