• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Air Android Flash Builder aapt tool failed:ERROR: Platform AndroidManifest.xml not found

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Flash Builder and Adobe Air for the first time. I'm using Flash Builder 4.7 with a newly updated Adobe Air 25.0. In the SDKs folder of Flash Builder I see flex is 4.6 and air is 3.6.

Initially I created a Flex Mobile project. The new project would build for the android simulator but it wasn't able to find my Samsung Galaxy s6. It said device appears to be offline. On following the solution here:

Device appears to be offline. Restarting the device may fix the problem.

I was able to update the associated lib/android/bin files from the android SDK. This allowed my device to be found.

However, whenever I now try to run it on my device it always fails with:

Error occurred while packaging the application:

aapt tool failed
:ERROR: Platform AndroidManifest.xml not found

Any idea how to fix this?

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please follow the below step and give it a try. Hope this helps:

Steps:

1  Download latest AIR 25 Flex SDK from http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

2. Make a copy of 4.6.0 folder under Location C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\sdks.

3. Overlay the extracted files from the SDK into the copy of 4.6.0 and rename it.

Note: This will require the administrator permission and select to replace the existing file when prompted(do this for all the conflict files).

4. Open New Project in Flash Builder 4.7 from File->New->Flex Mobile Project.

5. Give the Project name.

6. Under Flex SDK Version, click Configure Flex SDKs.

7. Click on Add and Browse to the Flex SDK Location and select the folder created in step 3.

ie: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7\sdks\<copy of 4.6.0>.

8. Give the Flex SDK name.

9. Make sure you select the new Flex SDK under "Use a specific SDK" everytime you create a new project or make it the default SDK.

10. Click Next and Finish.

11. Plug-in the device and make sure USB Debugging is enabled in Developer's option.

12. Run the application with "Android" as Target platform and launch method as "On Device".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines