• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Air 23 SDK - Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

Contributor ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When submitting an Air 23 SDK ios app to iTunes, I received the following warning

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

the key is set as:

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key><array><string>1</string><string>2</string></array>

I have tried to change string to number and integer, neither will compile in Air - get error saying invalid value in key.

This is just a warning, iTunes apparently accepted the app, but would like to know a fix.

TOPICS
Air beta

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our app has this warning and was JUST published live. So this isn't the exact problem, but obviously worthy being addressed.

That said, if you're clever, you could unpack the IPA after creation, change the variable class in the Plist, zip it back up and resign the IPA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2016 Oct 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and how do I resign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my bash script to modify version and build information and it also resign the app. Just replace NAME_OF_CERTIFICATE

<code>

#!/bin/bash

ORIGINAL_FILE="$1"

NEW_FILE="$1"

VERSION="$2"

BUILD="$3"

unzip -q "$ORIGINAL_FILE" -d temp

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :CFBundleShortVersionString $VERSION" temp/Payload/*.app/Info.plist

/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Set :CFBundleVersion $BUILD" temp/Payload/*.app/Info.plist

codesign -f -s "NAME_OF_CERTIFICATE" --entitlements "Entitlements.plist" temp/Payload/*.app

pushd temp > /dev/null

zip -qry ../temp.ipa *

popd > /dev/null

mv temp.ipa "$NEW_FILE"

rm -rf "temp"

</code>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does not work with macos sierra, it is a big mess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others here, I successfully published an IPA (using Animate on Windows 7) that got the "Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers" message when uploaded via my Mac's XCode uploader. It appears in TestFlight but has a red exclamation next to it, and cannot be chosen as a new build (to replace the one that has just expired).

The submission is successful enough that the build appears in iTunesConnect>TestFlight but has a red exclamation next to it, and cannot be chosen as a new build (to replace the one that has just expired).

I tried manually changing the app descriptor xml file to set the "UIDeviceFamily" attribute to be an integer before publishing with Animate, but Animate overwrote it.

I changed it to integer and set the file to 'read only'... and Animate says "An attribute contains an invalid value: UIDeviceFamily".

I tried "number" instead of "integer" but that only changed the error that Animate produces slightly.

It would seem that there must be a reasonably easy tweak either to Air or Animate to either change the attribute that is created, or else change the attribute checking so that we can edit the XML file manually for the moment and not have it spit a publish error.

Adobe? Watch ya reckon? I'd like to be able to use Testflight again, and soon. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still getting  the issue with latest AIR 24 beta even though In release notes its mentioned as

• [iOS] UIDeviceFamily values are now integers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to modify -swf-version to latest one (34 or 35 I am not sure now)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed -swf-version <swf-version>35</swf-version> in airmobile-config.xml file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Its working. We need to retain the parameter value as <string>2</string> itself. I was trying to compile by changing it to integer.

Thanks for the update now i am not getting

Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value - Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers.

warning message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WARNING ITMS-90686: "Invalid type for UIDeviceFamily value.Values for UIDeviceFamily are expected to be integers."

I can't sale my APP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use AIR 24 beta instead of the current AIR 23 release version. You can get it at: Download Adobe AIR 24 Beta - Adobe Labs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the some problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also try using AIR 24?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe AIR Beta 24 throws me an error in iPad Mini and iPad 2 (at least) with Starling Framework: Error #3672: Buffer creation failed. Internal error.

Is there any solution with Adobe AIR 23?.

Do you know if i could sale my app with this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please refer to similar issue reported on another thread: Re: Air 24 Beta crashing in iOS

We are working on this issue and will post when we have updates.

Thanks,

Krati

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed Air24, but the issue still remain. I still can't use integer for UIDeviceFamily. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you edit the XML, let that stay as an array of strings. ADT will make the info.plist entry be integer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, you are right, ADT will do that for developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines